ACADEMIC WRITING TESTS 2015 - MASTER LIST

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Lau0202

ACADEMIC WRITING TESTS 2015 - MASTER LIST

Post by Lau0202 »

Hi guys! this the first time I participate here. I have a list of tasks taken from different websites (including this forum). I'm in the American time zone, but not many people from there have posted their writing tests (North, Central and South America). Please, could anyone post other tasks 2? You'll see that I don't have all the tasks for each date. There are three time zone groups, so...three different exams. Thank you very much in advance!!! and good luck!! :)

13/12/2014
APAC
Task 2 - Shops should not be allowed to sell food or drinks that are scientifically proven to be bad for health. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
EU/MEI
Task 1 - Graph shows the percentages of households who have either no car or 1 car or 2 car or 3 cars in a European country over a period from 1971 to 2006
Task 2 - These days, more and more people want to study at university. What are the reasons for it? Is it positive or negative development?

10/01/15
APAC
Task 1 - Bar chart about internet access of different age groups in UK between 2000 and 2006
Task 2 - Directors of organisations are usually older individuals. However, some feel young people make better leaders of organisations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
EU/MEI
Task 1 diagrama how recycled paper is made
Task 2 in some countries the fast food restaurants and supermarkets give money to schools if the school agrees to promote their products, positive and negative developments for school and school children

17/01/15
APAC
Task 1: line graph
Task 2 : some people want the amount of noise shoul be strictly controlled. Others want this should be allow as much as they wish Discuss both and give your opinion.
EU/MEI
Task 1 - Four bar charts describing the proportion of clothing imports to the USA and Japan in 1995 and 2000.
Task 2 - experts tend to believe that walking is the best exercise for health, however people start walking less nowadays. Why you think is this happened? How can people be encouraged for walking more?

31/01/15
APAC
Task 1 - The bar chart shows the percentage of the total world population in four countries in 1995 and 2002, and projections for 2050.
Task 2 - Some people say that too much attention and too many resources are given in the protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree about this opinion?

07/02/15
APAC
Task 1 - was a bar graph. It's about the different types of household activities and the time spent by men and women in the UK in 2008.
Task 2 - More tourists visited museums and historical sites than local people. Why is this cited and what can be done to attract more local people?
EU/MEI
Task 1 - Diagram about fishing canning
Tast 2 - About agree or disagree about children should take some lessons outside of classroom like visiting companies of public buildings

12/02/15
APAC (I guess this exam was from here, but not too sure). I only know that it was on this date.)
Task 1 - The question showed me the figures of the percentage of students rating the different aspects of their course as "very good". There were 3 different specializations (Economics, Law, Commerce) and 5 different aspects were surveyed. Summarize main features and compare where appropriate.
Task 2 - Some people say that the most effective way to improve road safety is to increase the minimum legal age for drivers and motorbike users. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

14/02/15
APAC
Task 1 - Bar chart showing employment percentages in various sectors between men and women in one of the countries of Europe for year 2008.
Task 2 - How Science and Technology has impacted people across the world. standardization of lifestyles across the world due to technological advances.
EU/MEI
Task 1 - Diagram to process from dirty water to clean water
Task 2 - Some people think that excessive use of mobile phones and computers badly affects teenagers’ writing and reading skills. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your opinion.

28/02/15
APAC
Task 1 - A bar graph about the percentage of expenditures on food and drinks; restaurants and hotels and entertainment by UK residents by age group.
Task 2 - Some students prefer to have a year off break from studying before graduating, they work or travel first before they go to college. Do you think the advantages of this far outweigh the disadvantages?
EU/MEI
Task 1 : A Diagram showing how coal is transformed into electricity.
Task 2: In some countries, there are people earning a lot of money. While there are those who claim this is positive for the country, there are also those who advocate the opposite, stating that governments ought to limit salaries to a certain level. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

12/03/15
EU/MEI
Task: 1 Describe consumption of goods by households in UK between 1998 and 2008.
Task 2: Today, the life expectancy is much higher, but it causes people to be in the workforce for longer

14/03/15
APAC
Task 1 - We were given two charts showing different resources used to produce 10,000 disposable cups from two types of materials, paper and polystyrene cups.
Task 2 - Some parents think that childcare centres provide the best services for children of pre-school age. Other working parents think that family members such as grandparents will be better carers for their kids. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
EU/MEI
Task 1 - A table showing different types of food consumed per week per person in an European country in three years.
Task 2 - Some people believe that the government should pay for and offer housing to people who lost their homes or cannot afford them. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion. Use specific reasons and examples to support it.
AM
Task 1 - A graph describing the population aged 60+ around the world and in 6 different regions. We had to compare the data.
Task 2 - A recent study showed that both developed and developing countries prosper because of the economic growth. People from developing countries are happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past. Why is this happening? How can this situation be improved? Give your opinion including relevant examples and your own experience.

21/03/15
APAC
Task 1 - Two maps showing a university campus in 1975 and 2010, how it changed over the years, and there were some dotted lines on the 2010 map indicating the proposed changes by 2020. We had to describe the maps with all the changes.
Task 2 - Sometimes celebrities get invited to international aid events. Do you think that such events deviate from their main purpose by inviting famous people?
EU/MEI
Task 1 - about undergraduate students in the uk
Task 2 - Some people say that public libraries should be free, otherwise they are just a waste of money, especially because modern technologies and the internet allow easy access to resources. Discuss and give your point of view.
AM
Task 2 - Internet contains a lot of information, however, sometimes this information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? --> Not too sure if this was the topic on this date, but I'm almost sure it was in March in Canada

28/03/15
APAC
Task 1 - Four column graphic about work hours a week by percentage of employers in industrial section in four countries such as Sweden, UK, France, Italy.
Task 2 - Some people think that increasing communication usage of computers and mobile phones by young people has had a negative effect on their reading and writing skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
EU/MEI
Task 1 - Map: 4 regions of USA and 4 Pie Charts: Proportions of agricultural land usage in terms of 4 purposes (Crops, Forestry, Animals, and Others)
Task 2- Some people believe that history is very important and we must study the past to understand the present. Others say that it has little or no use at all. Discuss both views, give your opinion and support it with relevant examples.
AM
Task 1 - Table - Oil production data from 2000 and 2004 of several African countries
Task 2 - Some people consider sports to be their careers in the society. For others, it is mostly a workout to stay fit. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

11/04/15
APAC - Nowadays, the older people who needs a job has to compete with younger people. What are the reasons for this problem? What are some solutions?
EU/MEI - Some people hold the opinion that children should obey certain rules made by teachers and parents. Others, however, feel that these rules will only limit children's growth and impact their adult life later. Discuss both opinions and provide your own view.
AM -
Writing task 1
Pie chart and table showing in percentages graduates employed in 2004 in US and salaries
Writing task 2
One of the best things of being rich is the opportunity to help other people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

18/04/15
APAC
Task 1 - Population proportions of male versus female population of 6 areas from 1950 to 2005
Task 2 - Some people say that schools should reward students who show the best academic results, while others believe that students who show the biggest improvements should be rewarded. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
EU/MEI
Many people think that too much attention and resources are given to protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
AM
Task 1 - Bar chart on the amount of time students spent online from 6 different continents.
Task 2 - Some people believe that studying literature is important for individual character building while others think it is a waste of time. Discuss both points of view and provide your own opinion.

25/04/15
APAC
Task 1 - Bar chart about UK people's internet usage data from 1998 to 2004. % of use at home, workplace, college, and library.
Task 2 - Young people who commit serious crimes such as robbery or violent attacks should be punished in the same way as adults who commit the same crimes. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
EU/MEI
Task 1 - UK's 2007 data on the number of hours worked. Pie 1: males vs. females. Pie 2: self-employed vs. people who are employees
Task 2 - The news and the media is important in our modern world. What is their significance? Do they have a positive or negative influence?
AM
Task 1 - A graph. The prices of black and white, colour television, and the Japanese average monthly salary in 1953, 1963, 1973.
Task 2 - Human activity has had negative impact on plants and animal specious around the world. Some people believe that it is too late to save them but some believe that effective action should be taken to improve this situation. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Last edited by Lau0202 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ielts2304

Re: ACADEMIC WRITING TESTS 2015 - MASTER LIST

Post by ielts2304 »

Hi
I'm writing the academic test on 30th april,India
Can you please also post the question for the same on 30th before 11 IST.
thank you
Lau0202

Post by Lau0202 »

Hi! I'll take the exam by the end of May or in June. I just wanted to know about the latest writing tasks, especially in the American time zone (it's the last one), so I can practice...and I think it's usefull for most candidates :)
Last edited by Lau0202 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ideablank

Post by ideablank »

ielts2304 wrote:Hi
I'm writing the academic test on 30th april,India
Can you please also post the question for the same on 30th before 11 IST.
thank you

pls help me to im in asia (pH) academic taking exam april 30th, i have butterflies in my stomach
sidikiii

Post by sidikiii »

does that mean same exam for same time zone all asian country will have same exam paper on same date according to time zone?
rdx007

Post by rdx007 »

please give me 13 june idp exam question paper indian
rdx007

Post by rdx007 »

time zone utc +5:30