Send in your immigration questions now!

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Ryan

Send in your immigration questions now!

Post by Ryan »

Hi everyone,

On Wednesday, I am going to be having a recorded conversation with Patrick Leong. Patrick is a unique individual in that he has successfully become both Australian (in 2005) and Canadian (in 2010). Singaporean by birth, today Patrick is the brains behind 101 Migration, an immigration consultancy firm licensed to provide professional guidance to those seeking citizenship in either Australia or Canada.

During our recorded conversation, Patrick is going to be providing professional feedback to those that send in their questions. DO NOT WAIT! This is a great opportunity to have your personal situation assessed by a licensed immigration guide that has been through both the Australian and Canadian immigration processes.

Please post your question as either a reply to this thread or as a personal message to me. Please indicate what passport(s) you currently hold.
jimmy ielts

Re: Send in your immigration questions now!

Post by jimmy ielts »

My question for Patrick,

What forums do Canadian IELTS candidates hang out for IELTS discussions.

There is a serious dearth of of North and South American past exam resources available for this region.

Cheers,
aymen 19

Post by aymen 19 »

best of luck
Last edited by aymen 19 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sowji

Post by sowji »

Hi Patrick,

I am planning to apply for PR.What is the procedure to be followed.I have 6 years of IT experience.Can you please suggest me the sites that will help to gain knowledge in applying PR.

Thanks
Sowji
hwarraich

Post by hwarraich »

Hi sowji,

Where you would like to apply for your PR...AUS or CANADA ?
101Migration

Post by 101Migration »

sowji wrote:Hi Patrick,

I am planning to apply for PR.What is the procedure to be followed.I have 6 years of IT experience.Can you please suggest me the sites that will help to gain knowledge in applying PR.

Thanks
Sowji
Hi Sowji,

if you are really not sure how to go about doing the whole PR application. Is better you get some help from either the Immigration's call center or get a licensed Immigration consultant to help you.

Best of luck.
Patrick
aarjav89

Post by aarjav89 »

Dear Patrick,
I and my wife are planning to immigrate to Canada. I am a marketing head in a company and my wife is a physiotherapist.
I have consulted 2 consultancies. One of them told me that only I have to appear for IELTS whereas other consultant told me that both of them have to appear for IELTS (but only my score will be calculated, not hers). He added that it is mandatory for each individual coming to canada has to appear for IELTS. Please confirm me the real fact..

Also in case of WES, do I have to send reports of both mine and my wife or just mine ??

Regards,
Aarjav
himseoani

Post by himseoani »

Hello Aarjav,

I may be late to reply you but I just now posted in a thread related to IELTS exam about a Visa Consultant in India. May I Know where do you stay? As I have one very good consultant here who can help you to a great extent. It has experience of about more than 32 years so I thought to inform you.
Roshana

Post by Roshana »

Hi Patrick,

I've been waiting to apply for PR in Australia but my skill is in Advertising. Would you have any idea whether this skill will be back on the list this July when the list is revised? I've waited since last year.

Kind regards,
Roshana
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES TO GET ITA WITHOUT AN ARRANGED JOB OFFER????
satnammannn

Post by satnammannn »

Hello himseoani, I am also from India. It will be very helpful if you an provide me details via email or ph. no(satnammannn@gmail.com / +918008855799)
himseoani wrote:Hello Aarjav,

I may be late to reply you but I just now posted in a thread related to IELTS exam about a Visa Consultant in India. May I Know where do you stay? As I have one very good consultant here who can help you to a great extent. It has experience of about more than 32 years so I thought to inform you.
chandu

Post by chandu »

Hello Ryan,

First of all, I appreciate for all your hard work on moderating this invaluable forum. This site is very helpful for everyone appearing for IELTS and planning to immigrate.

Coming to my Immigration Queries.

I am Chandu from India and 27 years old. I have finished my Masters in UK and worked as a Scientist in Pharmaceutical company for a couple of years. As my visa was expired, I returned to India. Currently, I am planning to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry Visa and for that I am taking IELTS on 26th of September.

I have already consulted few Immigration consultancies and they have told me that I have enough credentials for express entry visa but recently, I have heard that there are many rejections for this visa and also some fraud activities done by many consultancies. So, I am not actually able to trust those consultants. Can you please give me your professional opinion whether my credentials are enough for express entry and please let me know if there are any other requirements ( apart from band 7 in all modules and maintaining funds). Can you also let me know the main reasons for the rejections of visa.

I would also like to know, in ideal circumstances, how long does this visa processing takes place once I have applied and what kind of precautions I need to take while choosing a consultancy??

Best Regards

Yours Sincerely,
Chandu
ramani56in

Post by ramani56in »

Hi Ryan / Patrick,

I have cleared the IELTS eligibility for Canada and I am in the process of preparing documents to submit for WES.

Kindly confirm if semester wise individual mark sheets is mandatory for academic transcript for Canada migration.

I am going to approach my university to obtain academic transcript for Canada immigration.

I have consolidated mark sheet and Degree certificate.

In consolidated mark sheet, semester wise subject tittle ; pass or fail ; marks ; completion date, etc. are clearly mentioned. If needed, I can submit the syllabus of each and every subject.

Thanks & Regards
Ram