Band 7 Overall

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
geronibro

Band 7 Overall

Post by geronibro »

I sat my IELTS exam for the first time last April but I am disappointed with the result.
I got L7.5, R7, S7, W6.5

I will be taking it again in two weeks and I am quite anxious about it. I am currently focusing on my essays since the rest seems quite easier compared to writing.

The last time I took the exam, I did not focus on paragraph format and I just keep on writing as I like. Now, I had to make few changes. I settled for not too complicated words so I am certain the words are used properly. I am not comfortable using memorized phrases as well so I hope it works. Below is my sample essay I wrote last night.

Lastly, I am not really sure if I am ready but I will keep on practicing.

QUESTION: The birthrate in most developed countries, is predicted to begin to fall over the next 50 years. By 2030, it is estimated that over one third of the population in most developed countries will be aged 65 and over.

There is a projection that the population of young generation will decrease for the following 50 years. If that happens, the ratio of youth to senior citizens will be two is to one by 2030. This essay will try to discuss the problems it presents and possible solutions to this issue will be provided.

The abilities of the young generation is unquestionably essential to the economy of a country. Naturally, the scarcity of this working class will bring detrimental effect to the nation for some varied reasons. First, work force for most industries will not be enough. Thus, the demand for manpower and supply for domestic products will not be achieved. This may lead to decreased flow of income and inferior quality of life of people. On the other hand, the increase in number of older people will only mean higher demands. There will be a rise on basic necessities such as healthcare, medications, medical procedures and psychological support, thus, requires huge amount of money. Moreover, they will need more competent caregivers to take care of them.

Although this issue may not happen now, it is recommended to act on it the sooner. One solution is to motivate families to bear more children. In return, the government must offer them incentives to support expenses in raising a child and provide education until college at no cost. This initiative will raise the interest of families to expand family members. In addition, immigration boundaries can be made less strict to allow more foreign workers. This action will boost the number of required manpower. Aside from that, they can also hire more competent workers to take care of the elders.

To sum up, decrease in population may also present serious problems to a nation. Mainly because each country needs people especially younger ones to work towards its progress. Obviously, this is an inevitable issue which we should try to resolve earlier than later.