I have posted my writing task 2 response, please kindly go through it and provide your reviews

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Neesh

I have posted my writing task 2 response, please kindly go through it and provide your reviews

Post by Neesh »

Dear David Sir and teacher Jill,
I have posted my writing task 2 response on the "Post your writing" section. can you please kindly go through it and let me know what improvements are needed, how much work is still left to be done?

Kind regards with many thanks,
Neesh
Teacher

Re: I have posted my writing task 2 response, please kindly go through it and provide your reviews

Post by Teacher »

Hi Neesh
I've annotated it, but can't send an attachment on this forum. If you pm your email address I'll forward it.
Overall, you need to look at lexical resource (incorrect or inappropriate use of words (or making up new ones!) will lose marks); use of articles; overuse of 'stock' phrases; essay structure (thesis statement, organisation of body) and examples.
The key is -
Intro: Paraphrase the question and state your position.
Body: You have five ideas on one side of the argument, so you only need one body paragraph. Make sure you give examples for each point.
Conclusion: summarize your overall view (often a paraphrase of the introduction).
If you have any more practice samples, send them through - I know you only have two weeks!
Kind regards
Teacher Jill