Difference between academic and general writing task 2

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
glisounik

Difference between academic and general writing task 2

Post by glisounik »

Hello,

I have been taking general training exam but as you may be concern academic task resouces are more available on internet. So most of the time i have to study from academic examples and execises while getting prepared for exam. But as you know, academic and general training writing task 2 questions are different in exam.

Can you please kindly let me know what is the difference between academic and general writing task 2? If i follow the strategies that Ryan gives for academic writing task 2 in his videos, would this work for general writing task 2, too?

Because i am getting really desperate since it will be mine 6th exam and i only have problem with writing section. In the other modeles, i can get high scores. I am trying to find strategical mistakes i do.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Difference between academic and general writing task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello glisounik!
Don't worry! T2 Academic preparation certainly helps with T2 General prep. The General questions are considered easier than the Academic ones. As a general rule, the academic essays require you to look at an issue from more than one viewpoint whereas general ones don't.
The strategies are the same for both. In fact, if you apply Academic T2 strategies to General T2, you should score higher!
All the best,
David