Regarding my result

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
IAAO

Regarding my result

Post by IAAO »

Hi Rayan,
I received my result today and it was disappointing to me .
Overall 7
Listening 8.5
Reading 6.5
Writing 6
Speaking 6

I thinking to reevaluate my result , but I want to know from you who are usually correct our answers . The examiners in local centre or the answers will be sent to the UK .
Because I read it will take time until delivered by senior examiners in the UK .
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Regarding my result

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi IAAO,
Examiners in the local centres will remark the results.
Looking at the four scores, I would not recommend that you request a remark. Three of the skills areas have almost exactly the same score and it is only the listening that gives you a band 7 overall.
Spend your time and money on improving your skills - that's my advice!
All the best,
David
baking101

Post by baking101 »

Hi, I just received the enquiry of results of my IELTS remark and unfortunately there is no change on my score (speaking= 6.5) taken on March 28. It took me 7 weeks waiting for this remark.
I'm feeling disappointed that's why I go for remark but still my speaking score remains the same. I'm trying to schedule again to take IELTS after 2 weeks.
krish8286

Post by krish8286 »

I TOOK THE EXAM RECENTLY FROM NEW DELHI GOT SCORES 7.5, 7, 7, 6
I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED AS I HAVE GIVEN THE EXAM TWICE BEFORE AND GOT BAND 7 IN SPEAKING EACH TIME , BUT ON BOT PREVIOUS OCCASION I GAVE THE EXAM FROM NEPAL.... THIS LATEST RESULT WAS SHOCKING FOR ME AS FROM MY PAST EXPERIENCE , I COULD SAY I DID BETTER ON THIS OCASSION STILL GOT A LOW GRADE ,, PLEASE SUGGEST SHOULD I CHOOSE REMARKING OR GIVE THE EXAM AGAIN
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Krish,
The scores are quite close together. I would not recommend a remark.
All the best,
David
krish8286

Post by krish8286 »

hi David ,

your advice is of great help , but on previous two occasions when i scored ( 7.5 , 6.5, 6.5,7 ) and ( 7,6.5,6,7) respectively , my speaking was taken by an English examiner in Nepal.

However, on this occasion by speaking test was taken by an Indian examiner in Delhi and i got ( 7.5, 7,7,6) , so is there a chance India exam taker was bit bias in giving grades .... 3 months ago i scored 7 twice and now 6.