Question on Writing Task 2

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
devquestions

Question on Writing Task 2

Post by devquestions »

Hello,

For Writing Task 2, do I need to express my opinion in the first paragraph itself or should I provide a general introduction in the beginning and then build the arguments in the body and finally state my opinion in the conclusion?

For example, for a prompt like below -
"Some people say that education system is the crucial factor to development of a country.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?",
should I state in Introduction paragraph itself that "I disagree with the opinion that education is the crucial factor to development of a country"?

Thanks.
FastTrackIELTS

Re: Question on Writing Task 2

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hello again Dev,

There is a great article here that discusses Task 2 structure for opinion questions. Ordinarily you would want to use your first paragraph to introduce the topic and to rephrase the question.

Jordan
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
masimshehzad

Re: Question on Writing Task 2

Post by masimshehzad »

I think, as per Ryan recommended structure, we should also explain our stance in the introductory sentence.
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.