Who corrects Listening & Speaking answers?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
antsatno

Who corrects Listening & Speaking answers?

Post by antsatno »

Hi ,

Does computer corrects the answer sheet of listening and reading? I'm asking this because my handwriting isn't really great, so I'm little worried if a system evaluates.

Also I remember the exam invigilator told that only system corrects so we need to write clearly. However, I just need answers here from the examiners.

Thanks a ton.
FastTrackIELTS

Re: Who corrects Listening & Speaking answers?

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hi Antsatno,

Your answer sheet in the listening and reading sections is scanned by a computer so you should make an effort to write clearly and concisely. Practice improving your handwriting to make sure it can be read clearly. You will have some time at the end of the exam to copy your answers to the answer sheet so make sure you take your time when doing this and focus on neat writing. It doesn't have to be perfect but clear enough for the examiner to read.

The speaking exam is marked by a human examiner from the UK.

I hope this answers your question, if there is anything else I can help with then please let me know.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
antsatno

Post by antsatno »

Thanks for the response. So after computer gives scores for both listening and reading will there be another check by a person?
FastTrackIELTS

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

The computer marks the exams but there are checks afterwards by humans for quality.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING