Questions about understanding of introduction T2

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
tinalongmao

Questions about understanding of introduction T2

Post by tinalongmao »

I have practiced an essay, whose introduction says,
A number of different medical traditions are now widely known and used: western medicine (using drugs and surgery), herbal medicine, acupuncture (using needles at certain points of the body), etc. How important is the patients’ mental attitude towards his/her treatment in determining the effectiveness of the treatment?

Here is my question:
How should I understand “mental attitude toward treatment”? Because I saw two versions of understanding which generate two different conclusions…
1. whether patients have confidence or strong mindset to overcome illness.

The conclusion basing on this perspective is like, if they do, they are more likely to recover no matter what kind of treatment they choose, thus, a positive mental attitude does improve the effectiveness of treatment.

2. mental attitude to different treatments like drugs/surgery and traditional ways.

According to this understanding, the conclusion is gonna be, mental attitude has little impact on the result of treatment.

So, please tell me which one is more reasonable, the one regarding “treatment” from a general level? Or the one stressing on a more specific level to each treatment?

Many thanks!
Abhay Yadav

Re: Questions about understanding of introduction T2

Post by Abhay Yadav »

Yes, I it's correct that a patient need courage,believe in treatment, and special care so that they can recover it soon

Sent from my SM-J120F using Tapatalk