Messed my Speaking test

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Dr.mishmesh

Messed my Speaking test

Post by Dr.mishmesh »

Hello !

I took my ielts speaking test few days back .
My exam was in the morning but it took me ages to have the speaking year at 6 in the evening.
Being a native speaker , I never really thought I would have any trouble with this particular part but unfortunately I think I have messed it up !
The lady looked irritated and worn out ! she seemed knackered .
The first part was fine.
She asked me when was the first time I brought a flower and a magazine etc .i told her I have never been fond of gardening .
Anyhow , she seemed so uninterested and least concerned that it got me confused .
Her : do you believe in sharing ?
Me : no ! I don't really share my stuff with anyone . I am quite possessive .
Her : okay . How you promote sharing in children .
Me thinking omg :@ I have messed it up ..
I got confused :@
For part 2 , she asked have I ever shared something with someone ? When ? How was it etc etc ?
I said *my graduation day * and shared the memories and stuff about that particular day .
But she was like *say something more* ,
I didn't know what to say :/ I was like * what should I say ? I couldn't think of anything,.
I repeated few stuff .. She again said * can you speak more on this * Xx
God !! Part 3 went fine but now I'm super nervous and scared about my results ,.
She could tell I was born and brought up in here ,.
And
Another mistake * I said privacy in the American accent.while the rest of the conversation was all in British english* .
Please ! You think I'll cross the 7 mark .
I would love a response . And I'm sorry for such a long post , but I'm petrified and it's getting on my nerves :(
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Messed my Speaking test

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Well, i'd say that the key problem is that your answers are really short. I don't know why you're taking the test, although I do know that native speakers have to take it sometimes, but you really should have checked out the test requirements beforehand. You clearly misunderstood the question about sharing THINGS and you should have known to make your answers longer.

Given that your speaking score depends on factors that I cannot possibly know about, e.g. pronunciation and fluency, you'll just have to wait for the result.

Saying words using both British and American pronunciation during the test makes no difference.

All the best,
David
Dr.mishmesh

Post by Dr.mishmesh »

Thanks for the prompt response !
Actually , I need to get my registeration done .
I gave an ielts before and got an eight in speaking .
i guess few of my answers were not that short .i did share the information .
It was about sharing something .
Dr.mishmesh

Post by Dr.mishmesh »

And I'm 100 percent positive about my pronunciation and grammar !
Dr.mishmesh

Post by Dr.mishmesh »

Describe something that you shared with others (or another person).

This was the particular question.