Dear David, please answer my enquiry as soon as possible

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
abbasazarmehrput

Dear David, please answer my enquiry as soon as possible

Post by abbasazarmehrput »

Dear David,

I was wondering if you could possibly tell me whether I should go for enquiry on result or not. My IELTS result is as follows: Listening 8 Reading 8 Writing 6.5 Speaking 8. I need 7 in each skill.

I wrote the second portion of writing exam like this:

The internet has made it feasible for internet users to listen to music or read newspapers for free. Is this a positive or negative development?

Nowadays, the internet has revolutionised the lifestyle of people. One of its main contributions is that online users could either listen to their favourite music or read online press without being charged. Although a group of people believe that it is an unfortunate phenomenon, other group of people have a different idea about this. Both these viewpoints will be analysed before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

Having free access to online media could produce undesired consequences. For example, British Broadcasting Corporation is a good example. This company was forced to downsize its workforce because it failed to pay their salaries. As a result, the number of unemployed citizens increased dramatically in the UK. This example clearly illustrates why having free access to online media has some negative ramifications.

Looking at the converse side of the coin, the reverse is also true. For instance, it was to be informed about current affairs that Guardian newspaper, which is one of prestigious newspapers published online and offline in the UK, designed a free news application for smart phones users. As statistics shows, thanks to this new application, the number of people reading newspapers in the UK has ballooned. Another advantage of having free access to online media is that ordinary citizens could possibly be familiarised with world business, and as a result they would probably know where they should invest their disposable incomes. This example clearly exhibits some of the plus points of free online media.

Wrapping up the entire concept into an argumentative entity, my personal sentiments are on par with the idea that having free access to online media is a positive trend. It is predicted that the number of free online media will swell in the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to receiving your feedback.

Regards,

Abbas