IELTS result question David please respond urgently

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Qasim

IELTS result question David please respond urgently

Post by Qasim »

Hi David,

I got my results and got 6.5 in speaking. I was bit surprised by my result in speaking section because in my test i was fluent and there was no hesitation in answering the questions. I have answered all the questions completely with no pauses.
In my cue card section examiner asked me to stop speaking and then she asked counter questions.
I was expecting 7.5 in speaking

All my speaking was quite good. I am not sure why she marked me 6.5. please advice how i can assure 7 plus band in my second attempt.
My whole academic qualifications are in English and i am currently confused about the current marking strategies of IELTS examiner. I need 7 in each module.
Listening 8.5
Reading 6.5
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6 (My time management was poor and i was not able to write the essay according to my potential).
Objective
I need 7 in each module please guide me in this regard
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: IELTS result question David please respond urgently

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello Qasim!

Obviously, I don't know you personally, but my educated guess is that your grammar wasn't of the required standard. Candidates who respond quickly often have this trouble. Also, from my experience, candidates frequently THINK that they have answered the examiner's questions, when in fact they haven't or haven't done so fully.

Best of luck with your next test!
David