Thanks for help and more tips for Band -8 in all modules

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
meenago

Thanks for help and more tips for Band -8 in all modules

Post by meenago »

Hello Ryan and other Helpers,

I have gained great help from these blogs and methods you described here. My band has some improvement.
Still not sure where to focus as writing is still 6, though has improved from previous score which was 5.

My last score in feb 16 was L7.5, R6.5, S-7 W-6. I was confident that I would score 7 in each.

1. In writing I don;t know what is dropping my band. I do follow Ryan's essay structure and feel I do use a good written discourse. I was expecting 7 in that test. Need help to get 8 in next exam.
2. My Speaking is 7 in past 3 attempts - what to do to improve it to 8?

My target is 8 in all modules . Please help in how to improve . and reach band 8 in all . My next exam is booked for 30 Apr 16.

Some areas where I need improvement as per my knowledge.
1. How to improve spellings ? habitual of using Ms-word , I do lot of spelling mistakes.
2. I am confident in speaking, but when I start speaking , not able to form good English, means bit complex sentences or good vocab. but in hurry just answer in simple words and casual way.
3. In Listening and reading , by the last section , I feel loss of interest and exhausted and really feel give-up and rush it to just finish the exam.
4. How to think ideas in academic way for essays ?

This is my last attempt. I already tried PTE in between. But I think IELTS is better for me.

Please help .

Thanks
Meenago