Should I go for Reval ?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
DeepBhasin

Should I go for Reval ?

Post by DeepBhasin »

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, I recently got my Ielts Score
S 8.5, L 7.5, R 8 and W 6.5. I need 0.5 Extra for writing module, I am not saying that I wrote extremely well but I believe I wrote well enough to get 7, but cant be sure.
I am re appearing on 6 June as well, but do you guys advice me to apply for reval, 0.5 extra Is there any chance ?
I cant take the anxiety of not getting the good score in next attempt.

Please advice.Thanks
Mondalch

Re: Should I go for Reval ?

Post by Mondalch »

DeepBhasin wrote:Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, I recently got my Ielts Score
S 8.5, L 7.5, R 8 and W 6.5. I need 0.5 Extra for writing module, I am not saying that I wrote extremely well but I believe I wrote well enough to get 7, but cant be sure.
I am re appearing on 6 June as well, but do you guys advice me to apply for reval, 0.5 extra Is there any chance ?
I cant take the anxiety of not getting the good score in next attempt.

Please advice.Thanks
Hey how do you tackle long questions in Listening? Is there any strategy you are using? What about reading? How do you find list of headings type question and any strategy if you have? Please share I will be writing my IELTS on 21st May, from India, Kolkata.
Saha

Post by Saha »

I also re assessed my W 6.5
It didn't change.
It's waste of time & money
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

Basically, reval is just merely a waste of time money and efforts..
So I think, one should re appear thet est
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

Am not sure about your level . I was also struggling to achieve band 7 in writing . Here are some advice
1)in task 1 make sure you mention the overall view in the introduction or conclusion , if not your task response will not go above 5.
2) same thing in task 2 it is iportant to tell what you are going to write about in the introduction , wether it opinion , causes and solution , adv and disadv ... According to the questions you will be asked .
3) in task 2 focus to mention one idea in every paragraph and develop it in the following sentences rather than write many points without development . Except in case you will put causes or solution for example firstly , .... Secondly , .....
4) last advice , focus on grammar and punctuation as much as possible . I think this is my major problem because I usually didn't have a time to revise my writing .

I hope you will find them useful

Best ,
DeepBhasin

Post by DeepBhasin »

Hi Guys !! Just an update, I didn't go for revaluation and appeared for another attempt on 6.6.2015.
Got my result on 19 June and I am happy that I got the required score.
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7
S 7.5
petryworn

Post by petryworn »

If there are no changes in the test, you will be paying something for ERF. If you are not that confident about the changes in scoring, better retake the test than re-evaluating it. At least you can still have the time to review and improve what needs to be done.

Find out more information about rechecking at http://www.ieltsexamstips.com/2013/12/r ... is-it.html