academic exam on 21st may

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
sharon

Post by sharon »

Mondalch

Re: academic exam on 21st may

Post by Mondalch »

Hi my ACADEMIC IELTS test is on 21st May. I will be writing my test from Kolkata, India. Few questions I wanted to know if anybody can help me with these?
First: Do we get extra time to fill in basic informations like name, candidate number or do we need to manage ourselves with alloted time only?
Second: How much time do we get in between every part of the test. For example, after listening is over, invigilators must need some time to distribute all answer sheets to every student. In the process, a student will be waiting for his turn to come may be 1-2 minutes but in IELTS every minute is important.
Third: If somebody wants to go rest room, then should he be given some extra time?

I have some more questions related to answering long questions in listening. What should be the stategy. i guess this is not the right forum to talk about it? I didn't find any forum to discuss Listening difficulties specially with long questions as such. Can somebody help me with this?
blacxx

Re: academic exam on 21st may

Post by blacxx »

Hi Mondalch,

Regarding the first concern, candidates are given exact instructions about how to fill the candidate's information on the top of the answer sheets, including the first three sections of the test. The question booklets are not provided to the test takers during this time. Which means that THIS DOESN'T COUNT in a amount of time we have in the test (lets say 60 mins for reading and another 60 mins for writing)

Secondly, the time you get between the connection of the other section depends. This include question booklets collection and some instruction announced by the examiner.

Third, no extra time for rest room. I think you are supposed to be explained this rule before the test begins.

Keep in mind that you are not allowed to go outside the test room, including going to toilet. But you will be allowed to do so since the beginning of writing test.

In my pov, the only secret of listening test, apart from doing lots of the practice tests, is to listen the real native speakers on either the radio or TV. I do this by podcasts.

Anyway, I'm taking the exam in on the 21th May too. Wish us luck :)