How to manage time in writing test for academic IELTS

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
akshay.indurkar

How to manage time in writing test for academic IELTS

Post by akshay.indurkar »

I am having difficulty in managing time in writing test. If I try to practice with time then my quality of writing has decreasing to a bad level.
Can anyone give some advice on this topic.
I am getting worried as my exam is approaching soon.
ansh3091

Re: How to manage time in writing test for academic IELTS

Post by ansh3091 »

Hi akshay,

Those who write IELTS, most of them faces the same problem so you are no different. I am also having the same problem.
But I learned something, in my case, the main reasons for this problem are lack of ideas and words. I have experienced that when I practice essays related to language and culture, generally for me time is not enough. However, when it came across with essays related to environment, I was able to finish before time. So, I guess you may also have the same problem. I will suggest to read as much as you can and do practice. Feel free to disregard these.

Cheers,
Anshuman
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

ansh3091 wrote:Hi akshay,

Those who write IELTS, most of them faces the same problem so you are no different. I am also having the same problem.
But I learned something, in my case, the main reasons for this problem are lack of ideas and words. I have experienced that when I practice essays related to language and culture, generally for me time is not enough. However, when it came across with essays related to environment, I was able to finish before time. So, I guess you may also have the same problem. I will suggest to read as much as you can and do practice. Feel free to disregard these.

Cheers,
Anshuman
That seems maybe some good advice - I usually say to my Skype students to first of all focus on vocab/structure/grammar etc. and when those skills have been developed, to then focus more on speed.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
petryworn

Post by petryworn »

The most important thing to do is to understand what the essay is all about. If you understand it well, it will be easier for you to construct the sentence then the whole paragraph.

The tips provided at www.jroozreview.com/ielts-essay-writing-tips/ are quite useful. These might help you. Good luck!
akshay.indurkar wrote:I am having difficulty in managing time in writing test. If I try to practice with time then my quality of writing has decreasing to a bad level.
Can anyone give some advice on this topic.
I am getting worried as my exam is approaching soon.