TWO IELTS RESULTS QUESTION

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
DavidVZLA

TWO IELTS RESULTS QUESTION

Post by DavidVZLA »

Hello everyone

I have a question...
I have received my ielts results today. Unfortunately it's not what I was expecting or needing.
I got 6 listening, 8 reading, 5.5 writing and 7 speaking (I need 6 in each section)
I've already paid for retake the exam in 3 months but I want to know if I can ask for remark to get 6 in writing. because my weakest ability is listening and I'm not sure if I can achieve that mark(6) again... Thus if I get 6 in remark and in the new test my listening band is lower than 6 can I use the first test for immigration purposes? or only the last one is valid?

I'm sure that I have done well in writing section. My task 1 was a little bit short (+/-145 words). I finished writing and started reviewing grammar and spelling and when I realized that my letter was a little bit short the time had ended.

thanks

P.D: Simpler question... If I have two ielts results (both with less than two years) and the oldest one have better scores than the last one can I use the old ones for university immigration etc etc?
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: TWO IELTS RESULTS QUESTION

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

1. Re: regrading: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/en/ ... -remarking", W/S is easier than L/R.

2. Re: multiple results, I am not sure, however saw this comment and recommend you do your own double-checking for your specific country/universities, etc., if possible:

"Dear Client,

Thank you for your correspondence.

Please note, you can use any of your IELTS as long as it still valid. IELTS are valid for a period of 36 months.

If you wish to reply to this message please use the reply form on our website and enter the reference number in the subject line of this email.

Yours sincerely,
Lea
Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/austra ... tempt.html

All the best, Philip
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
DavidVZLA

Post by DavidVZLA »

OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote:1. Re: regrading: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/en/ ... -remarking", W/S is easier than L/R.

2. Re: multiple results, I am not sure, however saw this comment and recommend you do your own double-checking for your specific country/universities, etc., if possible:

"Dear Client,

Thank you for your correspondence.

Please note, you can use any of your IELTS as long as it still valid. IELTS are valid for a period of 36 months.

If you wish to reply to this message please use the reply form on our website and enter the reference number in the subject line of this email.

Yours sincerely,
Lea
Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/austra ... tempt.html

All the best, Philip
Thank you OnlineEnglishTeacher the information that you have provided is very interesting. Excellent sources!!! Now I am feeling a little bit more confident about ask for regrading even though I will retake the test, and probably have a lifesaver if the upcoming test is worse than this.
DavidVZLA

Post by DavidVZLA »

Hello

I wrote this post some months ago. Well I'm back to share my experience.

I paid for remark and sited for another test. And as I had told you I couldn't achieve 6 again in listening and I drop my band from 6 to 5.5. I got better results in writing 6. But with a band bellow 6 it doesn't matter. My last hope was my EOR, submitted before that test.

Today I have received my IELTS enquiry on results (EOR) results and my writing have been increased from 5.5 to 6.5 by a Senior examiner. I know that 6.5 it's not big deal.... I know that is a low band but it was what I was looking for and I will keep improving my language skills.

I would like share with you how an successful enquiry on results looks like.

When I was looking for information about EOR I never look how it looks like.

Last edited by DavidVZLA on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Great news - congratulations.
DavidVZLA wrote:Hello

I wrote this post some months ago. Well I'm back to share my experience.

I payed for remark and sited for another test. And as I had told you I couldn't achieve 6 again in listening and I drop my band from 6 to 5.5. I got better results in writing 6. But with a band bellow 6 it doesn't matter. My last hope was my EOR, submitted before that test.

Today I have receive my IELTS enquiry on results (EOR) results and my writing was increase from 5.5 to 6.5 by a Senior examiner. I know that 6.5 it's not big deal.... I know that is a low band but it was what I was looking for and I will keep improving my language skills.

I would like share with you how an successful enquiry on results looks like.

When I was looking for information about EOR I never look how it looks like.

[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2cnt79l.jpg[/im g]
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"