Disagree Essay

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
pravinbkumbhar

Disagree Essay

Post by pravinbkumbhar »

If I am disagree with the argument, in that case do I need to provide the reasons for disagree or do I need to provide some opposite thoughts which will prove that why I am agree with those thought - For example - in following essay question -

Recent studies have shown that overweight people tend to eat ‘junk foods’ that are high in unhealthy fats. Some people argue that an increase in the price of such foods will serve as a deterrent and thus reduce the number of overweight people. Do you agree or disagree? Share examples from your own life to support your point of view.

In this case if I am disagree, how should I prove it? DO I need to mention that instead of junk food price increase, the more viable approach could be educating people on physical exercise and diseases related obesity? . OR Should I analyze the reasons of why increase in price will not help?
Ryan

Re: Disagree Essay

Post by Ryan »

You should write in support of your position only. This could be sharing information that proves your stance valid, or it could also be sharing information that proves the opposing stance is invalid.
samxyz96

Post by samxyz96 »

Hello friends,

Can we present both situation as why we agree(in one paragraph) and why we disagree in another paragraph?. OR we should keep only one side(eg agree) from start to end.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

samxyz96 wrote:Hello friends,

Can we present both situation as why we agree(in one paragraph) and why we disagree in another paragraph?. OR we should keep only one side(eg agree) from start to end.
Hi Sam,

It all depends upon your essay question. Please watch the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tJzSvZbwOc