How to prepare for the IELTS

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
asimzaeem

Re: How to prepare for the IELTS

Post by asimzaeem »

Hi Rayan

Just wanted to thank you for your immense help. I was struggling to get good band in writing. My last two attempts could only push me up to 6. But then I started reading your two books on writing especially the one on essays. I practiced and paid heed to your tips. Today, I got my result. I was amazed to see that my writing score spiked to 7.5. This is all because of your assistance. I am in great debt to you. Your Essay writing book is amazingly simple yet concise.

Hey. Rayan, i want to share my experiences with others and give some useful tips of my own. How can I do that? Please guide me.
fledgling

Post by fledgling »

Ryan wrote:Hi guys,

I have expanded on this article and moved it here: http://ieltsielts.com/more/study-plans/
Hi Ryan, I am new hear and I don't know whether or not I should post this here, but I sure have a question I want you to help me with: What is the best thing to do when you have just one month to an Academic IELTS test? Please reply as soon as you can because your response will be invaluable.

Thanks,

Banji (a new member)
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

fledgling wrote:
Ryan wrote:Hi guys,

I have expanded on this article and moved it here: http://ieltsielts.com/more/study-plans/
Hi Ryan, I am new hear and I don't know whether or not I should post this here, but I sure have a question I want you to help me with: What is the best thing to do when you have just one month to an Academic IELTS test? Please reply as soon as you can because your response will be invaluable.

Thanks,

Banji (a new member)
Hello Banji,

I may not know as much as Ryan (I have taught the IELTS by Skype starting from maybe 5.5-6 years ago).

What were your previous scores/dates (if any) and what grade do you need?

Kind regards,

Philip
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
manishadepu

Post by manishadepu »

Can any one suggest me that how to prepare for this exam and my exam date is on feb 14 2015 India Bangalore. I haven't started my preparation so plz help me :? . If any 1 is attending the exam on the same date so plz tell and tell about the preparation to be done. :(
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

manishadepu wrote:Can any one suggest me that how to prepare for this exam and my exam date is on feb 14 2015 India Bangalore. I haven't started my preparation so plz help me :? . If any 1 is attending the exam on the same date so plz tell and tell about the preparation to be done. :(
What is your target grade?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
raluca89

Re: question about the exam

Post by raluca89 »

Guys I have a curiosity : the Ielts tests will be the same with those from the Ielts preparation book or different ?
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

this is just brilliant !

Good work Ryan... I just went through your blog on how to enhance the test preps...amazingg
Brendanbrosnan

Post by Brendanbrosnan »

an_kohli wrote:hi
Can somebody help me in knowing how to do a quick revision before going to appear for ths exam.My IELTS date is 19th july india Mumbai..Anybody for same date and venue??
Hi, I would suggest doing a quick course and take a practice exam with a native speaker. Have you already passed the exam?
IELTS IDP INDIA

Post by IELTS IDP INDIA »

Well, here are a few strategies you can follow to ensure you get a great score,

STEP 1: Improve your English

It takes time to learn a language and one of the very best ways to learn is to take an English language course. The feedback you receive from your teacher will help you improve the specific skills involved in speaking, listening, reading and writing English. Use your English every day. Read, speak, listen and write in English as often as you can as this is a proven way to improve your English and therefore your IELTS score.

Speak English with your friends and family.

Listen to English language radio, television and film. Try to listen to a variety of English accents including American, Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand.

Read English publications wherever possible.

Write letters, emails or notes in English to practise your written skills.

STEP 2: Understand the test format and rules

Familiarise yourself with the test format. Remember that there are two versions of IELTS – IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. The Listening and the Speaking components are the same for both tests but the Reading and the Writing components are different.

Read the Information for candidates booklet which provides essential information about how to respond correctly to each part of the test. You can also collect a copy of this from your IELTS test centre.
Read carefully the Notice to candidates.
Get to know what each level on the IELTS band score table means.
Understand what the examiners are looking for in the Speaking and Writing tests by reading the assessment criteria.
Get the facts. Don’t believe myths and rumours about the test. They will only distract you.

STEP 3: Practise sample questions

Practise the test using these free IELTS test sample questions.
Use the Official IELTS Practice Materials (two books available) which you can purchase online or from your local test centre
There is a wide range of IELTS materials available you can purchase from a variety of publishers. For a list of popular titles, click here.
In addition to practising sample questions you may also wish to consider taking an IELTS preparation course. A preparation course will help you:
Practise the type of tasks included in an IELTS test (e.g. a short essay/letter for the Writing test)
Get feedback on your answers to practice questions
Become more confident in your test-taking skills
Help you decide if you are ready to take your IELTS test
Ask us for more information about preparation courses near you.

STEP 4: Try to feel relaxed on the day before you test

On the day before your test, take the time to refresh your memory of the test rules, test format and location so that you feel as relaxed as possible.

Read the Information for candidates booklet again – this contains essential information to help you do your best.

Make sure you know the test rules – read the Notice to Candidates.

BEST OF LUCK !!
Book your IELTS Test 2019 with IELTS IDP INDIA - Don't Delay - Click here