Help With Pronounciation

This is an area for all IELTS and non-IELTS related discussion.
Miaacoby

Help With Pronounciation

Post by Miaacoby »

Can any one please suggest me some excercises, tips or some videos to improve my pronounication?
FastTrackIELTS

Re: Help With Pronounciation

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

A great way to practice your pronunciation is with a speaking partner or tutor. There are a lot of WhatsApp groups with like-minded IELTS students looking for a speaking partner. Private message me with your WhatsApp number if you would like me to add you.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
lumbo

Post by lumbo »

if it is general, learning phonic is the easiest way of solving pronounciation, especially mispronunciation existing in many community, such as some Chinese people say "Pander" instead of "Panda". They can say "da", but they got use to with saying "der"

If it is accent, well, practice, but I wouldnt be too worried about accent, unless it is a sound that you cannot pronunce, like some Chinese people cant say "X", like Exercise, they would say ‘Essessercise"
FastTrackIELTS

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

lumbo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 am if it is general, learning phonic is the easiest way of solving pronounciation, especially mispronunciation existing in many community, such as some Chinese people say "Pander" instead of "Panda". They can say "da", but they got use to with saying "der"

If it is accent, well, practice, but I wouldnt be too worried about accent, unless it is a sound that you cannot pronunce, like some Chinese people cant say "X", like Exercise, they would say ‘Essessercise"
Great advice. While it's important to work on your accent, the most important thing is that you clearly express your answers.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
locky72

Post by locky72 »

A very good resource to help with basic pronunciation and intonation is Tree or Three by Ann Baker, published by Cambridge. I have used it for a few years with my students, and find it effective. You can find it on Amazon or Taobao.

Locky