Ask An IELTS Tutor

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
FastTrackIELTS

Ask An IELTS Tutor

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Do you have a question about the IELTS exam? Are you struggling with a certain area of the exam? Do you need your answers reviewed?

Post your questions here and the IELTS tutors at Fast Track IELTS will respond with their advice.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
SheepRaider

Re: Ask An IELTS Tutor

Post by SheepRaider »

Good day
My speaking exam is tomorrow, any tips? I'm kinda nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FastTrackIELTS

Re: Ask An IELTS Tutor

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hello SheepRaider,

We have some general tips that help students but I'd be happy to offer some personalised feedback if there are any areas of the exam you are struggling with.

[*]Try to expand on the points you are making. Do not say 'I am from Taiwan'. Say 'I am from Taipei which is a large city in Taiwan. Millions of people live there and it can be a very fast and busy life." Try to answer every question with 2-5 sentences. Speak more than the examiner.
[*]Don't be afraid to take a moment to think of your answer but make sure you tell the the examiner that this is what you are doing. "That's a good question, let me think for one moment."
[*] Express your opinion. Don't be afraid to give your view on a matter. It will show confidence that you are willing to express yourself.

Are there any particular areas you need help with?

A large portion of the IELTS speaking exam is confidence so go in there, relax, speak clearly and do your best. If you don't pass you may be interested in my website www.passmyielts.com where we offer free Skype lessons. This will allow you to practice speaking English with UK tutors.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to help. Another great resource is: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-speaking-free ... tial-tips/

I wish you the best of luck with your exam.

Jordan
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING