Listening Module - ReChecking

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
pavneet

Listening Module - ReChecking

Post by pavneet »

Hello IELTS Examiners/Experts,

Please guide me, as i have got the Listening score as 7.5 and rest all 3 with 7 each. i am short with .5 to qualify as CLB9 (Canadian Language Benchmark 9).

As per my understanding, i am sure to lost track of listening the speaker and end up loosing 3 answers for sure. So margin in rechecking is of 3 correct answers (from 7.5 i.e. 33-34 correct answers out of 37 (as i confirm 3 wrong witch i know myself). Also unlike speaking/writing error or margin would be less in Listening rechecking?

Please suggest, Should i go for Re-Checking only on Listening for .5?

Best Regards,

Pavneet
FastTrackIELTS

Re: Listening Module - ReChecking

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hello brother Pavneet,

Thanks for your question. Hopefully I can be of some help to assist you with your Canadian visa application.

I would recommend re-checking your answers on all parts of the IELTS exam. In the listening exam:

[*]Read through all of the answers when instructed before the recording begins to get a good idea of the type of thing you are listening for.
[*]Answer the questions as they come. Do not check your answers while the recording is still playing.
[*]If you are unable to answer, make an educated guess of what the answer is and move on. Perhaps try putting a mark in the margin so that you can come back to the question after you have finished.

The difference between 7.0 and 7.5 is quite small so rather than focus on the actual number of marks, you should focus on your listening skills.

If you find you fall behind and end up missing some of the answers, you should spend some time listening to recordings of English speakers. The BBC or YouTube is a great place to do this. Try listening to a record program or discussion and make key notes about it. This will improve your listening skills and will mean you have to spend less time checking your answers.

I hope this is some help to you brother. If you need any further help please visit my website www.passmyielts.com and my team of tutors will do everything they can to help you pass and to answer any questions you have.

The best of luck to you.

Jordan
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING