Academic-Pearson test of English

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.

You have written IELTS and PTE-A at least once each - which is easier?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 am

IELTS academic
No votes
IELTS general
No votes
PTE-A
50%
TOEFL
No votes
Both are dreadful
No votes
IELTs and PTE-A seem the same
50%

Total votes: 2

Cassie

Academic-Pearson test of English

Post by Cassie »

Hello
I realise that the questions and answers cannot be discussed for PTE, but has anyone else sat this test and ielts? Any thoughts, opinions and feedback.

I have written this computer based test and found it much easier than ielts -it was shorter at about 2.5 hours including speaking. Sadly I missed 2 questions as someone scraped a chair and I did not recover in time and missed another question.

One good thing about the test is that there are no handwriting issues - everthing is typed or spoken. Also each person does a different test, so no point discussing the questions. The writing task seems shorter than ielts. But the very best thing is I had my results the next day - so no waiting around for 13 days :D

Would love to read your comments or take the poll.
Cassie
vishwa

Re: Academic-Pearson test of English

Post by vishwa »

Hello Cassie,

I do agree with you but speaking seems a little bit difficult for me because of my L1 interference. writing was the combination of several questions, hence it is easier to score in PTE than in IELTS.

I suppose people who are struggling in only writing part with sound speaking skills can easily score a very score in PTE.

Vishwa.
20kris05

Post by 20kris05 »

Yes, but I don't think it is accepted for everyone's endeavors like Ielts is...I mean some professions wouldn't accept Pearson test instead of Ielts...that's the sad part
vishwa

Post by vishwa »

yeah you are right, most of the universities of Canada are not accepting PTE score.