I am thrilled to score my 8 band

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Rania jumat

I am thrilled to score my 8 band

Post by Rania jumat »

I AM THRILLED TO SCORE MY 8 BAND

Before I start telling my success story let me introduce my-self. My name is Rania from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Since it is a story of success I would like to share my happiness of having cracked the hard nut (IELTS) with an astounding 8 band, with all of you, particularly on this FORUM with an intention that whoever reads this SUCCESS STORY can also get motivated how invaluable are Mr.Ryan’s lessons and his you tube videos and Dr.Prabhakar Reddy’s meticulous teaching.

Well , to be frank with you, I was unsuccessful in my first attempt, made in April, owing to my over-confidence, since I had never failed any time in my academic career and I had been a merit student always. It was a rude shock to me to learn that I had failed to get my 7 band not in one module but in three modules ( L-6.5, R-7, W-6 and S-6) .It was a humiliating experience to me and it made me realize that I needed guidance. When I started searching the Net, for a good online Institute or a teacher, I stumbled upon Ryan’s you tube lessons. They were simply fantabulous. I followed his lessons and started my preparation but one question was always lingering in my mind as to how I could get my essays and speaking checked and improved. Though I seemed to have bettered a great deal by following Ryan’s directions I still lacked the confidence because I was not sure what I was doing was correct or not. So, I went on searching for a good teacher of IELTS who could advise me in person if my writing and speaking were worth the coveted 7 band. I found one online trainer from the UK who said his course was for 15 hours with a fee of 15 GBP per hour and that I would be included in a batch of 5 to 10 students. That really looked to me a king’s ransom and I felt he was real Shylock. Moreover I wanted a personalized guidance I did not want to be one among a group. I tried some others too but felt disappointed to find them alike with almost same terms and some even wanted more money. In 15 hours what can I learn in a group.

At last, by sheer stroke of luck, I got the much awaited information from one of my friends from Singapore that one Mr.Prabhakar Reddy from India, is acclaimed to be the best tutor. She said she also had taken coaching from him and on first attempt itself had secured 7 band. My hopes of realizing my dreams started waxing with this bit of news. I immediately made a phone call to him and asked if he could take me as his student for which he gave his consent and said he would charge 6 US Dollars per hour but on one condition that I should take a minimum of 45 hours of training. Well, 45 hours of teaching at $6 per hour sounded better to me than 15 hours of teaching at 15 to 25 dollars with a group of others. What more did I want? It was a blessing in disguise to me. Without giving any second thought I joined his course. It went on to 60 hours which was over in 40 days for, my teacher wanted to teach me grammar as I was making blunders in grammar. Since I had not booked my slot I readily agreed for it. Moreover he was charging me far less an amount than what other trainers were charging and was giving me one-on-one training.

Well it was a quite pleasant experience to get trained by this new master Dr.Prabhakar Reddy sir. I have improved my sentence structures with good word power and idiomatic phrases and learned the art of improvising my ideas 100 times better than what I was writing earlier. When he started checking my essays I realized how immature I was in English. Earlier I was using the language with an air of pride as if I knew everything of it, but he made my eyes wide open with each correction and improvement of structures and ideas as well. I wrote nearly 39 essays and got them corrected by my Master and with each essay my morale got boosted and I rose like phoenix out of ashes. His grammar lessons made me improve the accuracy of my English and I started writing perfect sentences rarely with any mistakes. Time and again he advised me to follow Mr.Ryan’s lessons too as he considered them to be very effective for my exam. My training has also resulted in improving my accent, spontaneity and intonation which made me secure 8 band in speaking module. Another factor is that I have improved doing reading comprehensions with great accuracy because of the exceptional techniques taught to me.

With confidence oozing in me and with my master’s encouraging words ringing in my ears, I sat the exam and stayed as cool as cucumber because I knew to my-self that I would get my 7 band. WOW MY GOD. I got overall 8 band with Listening 8, Reading 8.5, Writing 7.5 and Speaking 8 band. Where was I and where am I now? Quite unbelievable, isn’t it ? Yes, two saviors from Heavens have turned the tables in my favor. Both are my living gods. Had it not been for their guidance and teaching my dream would have been a dream itself.

I convey my great many thanks to Prabhakar Reddy Sir and Mr.Ryan through this forum. Long live such ilk.

Both Mr.Ryan and Mr.Prabhakar Reddy Sir, are exceptional mentors and are incomparable ( He said this word is to be pronounced as ‘ in-com-pra-ble’ but not in-com-para-ble’. How weird it is ?) I am indebted to both of them as long as I live.

Now that I am fully trained I have no objection in giving you some advice with regard to IELTS. Please feel free to contact me on my email raniajumat@gmail.com

Have a great time

Rania
baking101

Re: I am thrilled to score my 8 band

Post by baking101 »

COngratulations Rania.
THank you for sharing to us your success story. Its very inspiring.
IELTSexaminer70

Re: I am thrilled to score my 8 band

Post by IELTSexaminer70 »

An amazing score well done! ...and well done to your teachers too :)
IELTS examiner
My-iteacher.com
The IELTS experts