For so long i have struggled, i finally got it.

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Johnson zhang

For so long i have struggled, i finally got it.

Post by Johnson zhang »

Hi all,

I needed to get 4 7-s in each section to meet the requirement from Aus immigration for permanent residency. A number of attempts have been made across a time span of 3 years.I failed so many times, I felt I was in a perpetual circle of despair.

Ryan really helped me. He helped me last year to score 7 in writing; however, i failed to get a 7 in reading somehow. He, this time, successfully helped me to get another 7 in writing! My latest results are, 8.5, 8, 7, 8.

For three years i have been searching for this, I finally got myself out of Ielts exams.

in case you wonder what helped me, there are a range of great tips that can be learnt in ryan's videos. A particular good one that i believe has helped me greatly in the last exam was that I took a significant amount of time on brain storming, organising ideas, pre-writing topic sentences, visualising examples. All of them were preparation and occurred before I even wrote down a single word on the paper.

I wish all other candidates good luck. I didn't give up, nor should you!
Last edited by Johnson zhang on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
Ryan

Re: For so long i have struggled, i finally got it.

Post by Ryan »

Johnson, I don't even know how to begin this message. It has been such a long haul for you. What a truly incredible victory. If there is one IELTS candidate in the history of the exam that knows the meaning of determination, it is you. I reread that first email you sent to me in May of last year, and the haunting description of how your entire world was uprooted over an IELTS Writing mark makes this achievement so much more than simply a great IELTS performance.

Thank you for your kind words about the role I played, but the success really must be attributed to your hard work. I also want to thank you on behalf of the other members at this forum for the advice you regularly offer. You know the exam well, and your insight is very much appreciated.

So when do you head home? :)
Johnson zhang wrote:I didn't give up, nor should you!
mettuanil

Post by mettuanil »

Hi Johnson,

First of all congratulations for your achievements. Could you please tell me how you have followed the series of Ryan's lessons? Also, please give me your valuable suggestions/inputs for achieving good score band.

Regards,
Anil.
Johnson zhang

Post by Johnson zhang »

Hi anil,

go to his youtube channel, I believe he has grouped relevant videos together. Go through them first, and go through them again with a purpose that is to take down your own notes for each genre of Ielts writing. Use your notes to assist you to practise writing. Lastly, get them evaluated by peers or teachers. good luck.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.