Achieved my target score of 8.5

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Shinakaul

Achieved my target score of 8.5

Post by Shinakaul »

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to share that I finally managed to get my desired score in the third attempt. Although I got an aggregate of 8.5 in both my previous attempts, I could not reach my target of 8 marks in writing. I got 7 in writing in my first attempt,7.5 in the second and finally reached 8.5 in my third attempt. This was not at all easy for me. Writing in IELTS is very systematic and one has to make sure that the idea is conveyed in a clear and concise way. This is something I mastered with Ryan. I took essay corrections with him and he helped me to present my ideas in a crisp manner, supported by real life examples. I also went through almost all the essays on his blog and it helped me in getting new ideas on various topics.
I would like to thank Ryan for his support and guidance and wish good luck to all IELTS test takers.

Regards,
Shina

P.S. I referred to Cambridge IELTS 7 for my test preparation and also prepared from an online course from British council called Road to IELTS (A part of it is free when you register from British Council for your test).
Ryan

Re: Achieved my target score of 8.5

Post by Ryan »

This is fantastic news, Shina. I'm always ecstatic when I hear of students nailing the exam (not simply passing, but nailing).

I'm really looking forward to our call today for the IELTS Cast podcast. :)