THANKS TO YOU RYAN I SCORED 7.5!

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Shreyas

THANKS TO YOU RYAN I SCORED 7.5!

Post by Shreyas »

I took the exam on Nov 1st - Academic ( India) and I scored an overall band of 7.5 :)
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7
Writing 6.5
I am really disappointed with my writing score because I made a silly mistake of not reading the question properly and completely misunderstood the task 1 question. But i guess the TASK2 essay part saved me, because i followed your essay structure and came up with a good essay.

Thank you so much Ryan! When i first started preparing for ielts , I was unable to write even a 20 line essay with coherence. I advice every student to follow the structure you have explained. Your videos even gave an insight of all other parts as well, which was really really helpful. You are doing a great job! Thanks a ton Ryan!
Last edited by Shreyas on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: THANKS TO YOU RYAN I SCORED 7.5!

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Congratulations - did you achieve your target score?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Shreyas

Post by Shreyas »

Yeah I did . . needed an overall of 6.5 with minimum of 6 in all modules :)
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Shreyas wrote:Yeah I did . . needed an overall of 6.5 with minimum of 6 in all modules :)
So, you passed easily.

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Mr Azik

Post by Mr Azik »

congratulations shreyas

this is a great result, good luck with your future study.

if you dont mind could you share your specific hints, advice with us and what did you do for reading. the reading is a real problem for me. how can i improve it, is there any books or websites you used.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Mr Azik wrote:congratulations shreyas

if you dont mind could you share your specific hints, advice with us and what did you do for reading. the reading is a real problem for me. how can i improve it, is there any books or websites you used.
I would also be interested to hear any new reading tips - also, here is a reading tip, I made on my free site: http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... s-strategy.

Mr Azik

Post by Mr Azik »

OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote:
Mr Azik wrote:congratulations shreyas

I would also be interested to hear any new reading tips - also, here is a reading tip, I made on my free site: http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... s-strategy.
thank you very much!!! I will try to use this analysis strategies in my reading.
Shreyas

Post by Shreyas »

Azik. . I found reading hard initially but there are certain techniques I followed which helped me a lot. I didnt like the skimming technique, as i found myself going back and forth, from question to passage, and it got really frustrating when I was not able to find the required information. So i followed this technique . . . Underline the first two lines of all each paragraph and you have to read them simultaneously as well( just first two lines, dont try to completely read the sentence. and REMEMBER THE AUTHOR USUALLY PUTS FORTH HIS VIEWS OR INTRODUCES THE TOPIC IN THE FIRST SENTENCE) . It will give you a solid understanding of the whole passage. It helped me lot, try it :)
Watch videos on youtube. . english lessons with Dori. She has included some pretty nice points.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Shreyas wrote:I took the exam on Nov 1st - Academic ( India) and I scored an overall band of 7.5 :)
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7
Writing 6.5
I am really disappointed with my writing score because I made a silly mistake of not reading the question properly and completely misunderstood the task 1 question. But i guess the TASK2 essay part saved me, because i followed your essay structure and came up with a good essay.

Thank you so much Ryan! When i first started preparing for ielts , I was unable to write even a 20 line essay with coherence. I advice every student to follow the structure you have explained. Your videos even gave an insight of all other parts as well, which was really really helpful. You are doing a great job! Thanks a ton Ryan!
Thank you for your kind words, Shreyas. I'm very happy to hear you have had this success and that you have grown as a writer along the way. :)