I increased my score band in just a week

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Abdulsame

I increased my score band in just a week

Post by Abdulsame »

I took IELTS exam( Academic Modules) two weeks age and I scored overall band of 7.5 (8 in Listening, 7.5 in reading, 7 in writing, and 6.5 in speaking). It was an amazing experience as it was my first time. You might be surprised how I increased my overall band in just a week. I would explain you. ;)
First of all, I found amazing website of Ryan spontaneously on web when I was looking for strategies to improve my reading abilities, as a result, I found a vast source of interviews with former successful IELTS takers. Try it as it may open new doors to your success :D :mrgreen: .
For Speaking in which I got 6.5, please please do not get nervous :oops: , as I lost most of my score just because of stress :cry: . It was my first time and my first part of exam was speaking so I could not handle my anxiety and it cost me valuable marks. :cry:
But good news is that you can enhance your score with just some easy suggestions:
- Try to find some good adjectives for nouns and adverbs for verbs you may use frequently for example for “ important” you can say :
Vitally important
Quite Important
Extremely important
Or for an event you may say, “I can still remember it “you can enhance your mark just by saying “I can still remember it vividly“or “I can still remember it as if it was yesterday“
- Try to face the question and think about it. The day before exam I surfed the net and I came across a good source of questions “www.ielts-mentor.com .“ It is rich in question sources but notice that answers are not all reliable as I found some mistakes in their answers. It is important to see the questions and try to make up an answer because I was askes for a meaningful conversation that I had, and I was not able to answer perfectly it if I did not see it before.
- Do not be afraid of using some typical expression because they might help you enhance your fluency and give you more time. You can use this technique especially in part II of speaking exam. For example when the card asks you :
Describe a happy event of your life
You should say:
• When it happened
• Where it happened
• What it was
You can say that “I can remember many happy events in my life but there is one event that stands out among them all & I still remember the moment vividly…….”
Regarding when it happened, I should say that ………..
As far as the place is concerned, I would have to say that………
- Try to listen to examiners voice and use his own grammar and pronunciations. It would help you much in your exam. If examiner asks you “Have you got any hobbies or interests?”, you should use present perfect tense in your answer.
- At last practice in front of a mirror, It really helps I have stammer it helped me with fluency. I never had a English speaker partner and this helped me a lot.
For writing section in which I got 7
- Reading carefully past essays is much more important than writing. It really helps you to come up with ideas and will expand your vocabulary. You will use it unconsciously in the exam.
- Try to make a scheme for your writing before writing itself I think hints of http://www.dcielts.com/ would help you with this section but be sure that you can put ideas in your plan.
- Use a reasonable range of grammar and make sure that you used some conditional “ if and unless” or wishes in your essay.
- In last week try to schedule your time when you are writing essays, I divide essays in three parts thinking about 2-5 minutes, writing 30 minutes for Task II and 15 minutes for Task I and 2-5 minutes for revising your essay
- Speed up your revising abilities. I found some silly mistakes in my essays in this part of my exam .
- At last I suggest you to read Academic Writing Practice for IELTS written by Sam McCarter
My score in Reading section was about 5 and 5.5 the day before exam and I was totally mad because I tried many ways but I could not get it :?: .I thought I never gonna make it but I got 7.5 in the exam just by following some simple rules that I heard in interviews in 5 p.m. of the day before exam ( and I had exam in 9 A.M.) :!: :idea: :arrow:
- First of all save match headings and end finding for last.
- Do not read or skim the passages go straight to the questions
- Do first question first and do questions in sequence as they appear in sequenc.
- When you found the answer to first question of each series of question you will find the others more quickly.
- When you are scanning and skimming look for exact words to omit an answer and look for the synonyms for the answers. For example if your keyword is “ important” if you found the word “ important in the text doubt about the answer and if you find “ …… plays essential roles in …… “ you might be sure about the answers.
- Do not stick with one question as it will cost you both time and mark. Leave it and come back at last.
- Do clock yourself before the exam it will helps you with time management.
- Find your own way of doing reading tests
These rules worked for me in just one-day maybe they work for you too :D .
I scored 8 in listening and I was surprised not for getting high score but for getting such a low score. You can easily achieve a good mark in this section as it is a piece of pie :lol: .
- Watch movies “ especially British ones”
- Watch news and take note of them. If you do this your hand and ear will reach a an amazing harmony. It will increase your abilities to write and listen simultaneously.
- Most of people lose marks after listening and just for some ridiculous reasons. Write the answer as it is requires for instance write first letter of names in capital or check out spelling and grammar. If you are asked to write one word write just one word and if you write more it will cost you a mark.
At last I wish best for you in your future career and if you had more questions I will be happy to share my experiences with you. Please do not hesitate to call me on skype: abdulsamifazli.
And if you succeed please share with others.
mouza

Re: I increased my score band in just a week

Post by mouza »

Hi congratulations for the great achievement

I had the exam today and I read the questions first but it was very confusing I left 5 empty places!

How can I improve my score! I need 7 in all parts!

Thanks
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

mouza wrote:Hi congratulations for the great achievement

I had the exam today and I read the questions first but it was very confusing I left 5 empty places!

How can I improve my score! I need 7 in all parts!

Thanks
Try to find your own method that's all, practice and practice, if you need detailed information you can call me on Skype I will answer you as soon as possible
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Congraulations - I will have a look through your tips again.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

- When you are scanning and skimming look for exact words to omit an answer and look for the synonyms for the answers. For example if your keyword is “ important” if you found the word “ important in the text doubt about the answer and if you find “ …… plays essential roles in …… “ you might be sure about the answers.

These tips sound interesting.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
mouza

Post by mouza »

I tried to skim the passage first but I couldn't find the answers! Maybe because I was very anxious! Then I changed my strategy and I read the questions which was very confusing!

I really don't know what to do with reading!!
mmtag

Post by mmtag »

Great!!!
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

mouza wrote:I tried to skim the passage first but I couldn't find the answers! Maybe because I was very anxious! Then I changed my strategy and I read the questions which was very confusing!

I really don't know what to do with reading!!
Maybe you need some more time to find your own way. I was very confused when I tried but looking for one question and doing that helped me concentrate more on what I was supposed to answer. try to cover other questions when you are doing a question. Maybe help you more.
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote:- First of all save match headings and end finding for last.

These tips sound interesting.
Thank you for your nice feedback
Payal

Post by Payal »

Hello,
To get cleared in IELTS is a not an easy job. But to clear it you have to work hard. But I am here to share my experience with you all. I cleared my IELTS Score from 4 to 7 by just reading and gaining the knowledge of how to start and how to be ready for the exam by covering all the tips and video tutorials from https://meetuniv.com/ielts-preparation. The Best part is they are free of cost and easy to understand and download.
And now I am going to US for further studies. Its such an awesome feeling all credit goes to Meetuniv.

Thanks
Payal Malhotra
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

larryholmes wrote:To have a high score is already consider as great achievements of a certain student. In order to achieve a student shall review his/her studies every now and then, so that when they have the exam they are already prepared.
This is right you never gonna make any exam without review. I myself reviewed every little thing in other days so it stuck in my mined
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

Yes This is all right review is vitally important, I myself review came back to materials each week to remember and more important to stabilize whatever I had learned before. This process helps you much with your progress. You might think that your preparing speed is getting decreased but actually a gradual preparation and dynamic learning is much more better than rapid one without stabilizing .
helena

Post by helena »

hey everyone..i tried to do the road to ielts reading practice tests and i scored a 6.5 every time 29 answers correct..iam panicking as i need to get a 7 during the exam..did anyone try them before sitting an exam before?? if so did you score more in them or the actual exam ?? please answer quickly my exam is tomorrow!!!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Abdulsame wrote:I took IELTS exam( Academic Modules) two weeks age and I scored overall band of 7.5 (8 in Listening, 7.5 in reading, 7 in writing, and 6.5 in speaking). It was an amazing experience as it was my first time. You might be surprised how I increased my overall band in just a week. I would explain you. ;)
First of all, I found amazing website of Ryan spontaneously on web when I was looking for strategies to improve my reading abilities, as a result, I found a vast source of interviews with former successful IELTS takers. Try it as it may open new doors to your success :D :mrgreen: .
For Speaking in which I got 6.5, please please do not get nervous :oops: , as I lost most of my score just because of stress :cry: . It was my first time and my first part of exam was speaking so I could not handle my anxiety and it cost me valuable marks. :cry:
But good news is that you can enhance your score with just some easy suggestions:
- Try to find some good adjectives for nouns and adverbs for verbs you may use frequently for example for “ important” you can say :
Vitally important
Quite Important
Extremely important
Or for an event you may say, “I can still remember it “you can enhance your mark just by saying “I can still remember it vividly“or “I can still remember it as if it was yesterday“
- Try to face the question and think about it. The day before exam I surfed the net and I came across a good source of questions “www.ielts-mentor.com .“ It is rich in question sources but notice that answers are not all reliable as I found some mistakes in their answers. It is important to see the questions and try to make up an answer because I was askes for a meaningful conversation that I had, and I was not able to answer perfectly it if I did not see it before.
- Do not be afraid of using some typical expression because they might help you enhance your fluency and give you more time. You can use this technique especially in part II of speaking exam. For example when the card asks you :
Describe a happy event of your life
You should say:
• When it happened
• Where it happened
• What it was
You can say that “I can remember many happy events in my life but there is one event that stands out among them all & I still remember the moment vividly…….”
Regarding when it happened, I should say that ………..
As far as the place is concerned, I would have to say that………
- Try to listen to examiners voice and use his own grammar and pronunciations. It would help you much in your exam. If examiner asks you “Have you got any hobbies or interests?”, you should use present perfect tense in your answer.
- At last practice in front of a mirror, It really helps I have stammer it helped me with fluency. I never had a English speaker partner and this helped me a lot.
For writing section in which I got 7
- Reading carefully past essays is much more important than writing. It really helps you to come up with ideas and will expand your vocabulary. You will use it unconsciously in the exam.
- Try to make a scheme for your writing before writing itself I think hints of http://www.dcielts.com/ would help you with this section but be sure that you can put ideas in your plan.
- Use a reasonable range of grammar and make sure that you used some conditional “ if and unless” or wishes in your essay.
- In last week try to schedule your time when you are writing essays, I divide essays in three parts thinking about 2-5 minutes, writing 30 minutes for Task II and 15 minutes for Task I and 2-5 minutes for revising your essay
- Speed up your revising abilities. I found some silly mistakes in my essays in this part of my exam .
- At last I suggest you to read Academic Writing Practice for IELTS written by Sam McCarter
My score in Reading section was about 5 and 5.5 the day before exam and I was totally mad because I tried many ways but I could not get it :?: .I thought I never gonna make it but I got 7.5 in the exam just by following some simple rules that I heard in interviews in 5 p.m. of the day before exam ( and I had exam in 9 A.M.) :!: :idea: :arrow:
- Do not read or skim the passages go straight to the questions
- Do first question first and do questions in sequence as they appear in sequenc.
- When you found the answer to first question of each series of question you will find the others more quickly.
- Do not stick with one question as it will cost you both time and mark. Leave it and come back at last.
- Do clock yourself before the exam it will helps you with time management.
- Find your own way of doing reading tests
These rules worked for me in just one-day maybe they work for you too :D .
I scored 8 in listening and I was surprised not for getting high score but for getting such a low score. You can easily achieve a good mark in this section as it is a piece of pie :lol: .
- Watch movies “ especially British ones”
- Watch news and take note of them. If you do this your hand and ear will reach a an amazing harmony. It will increase your abilities to write and listen simultaneously.
- Most of people lose marks after listening and just for some ridiculous reasons. Write the answer as it is requires for instance write first letter of names in capital or check out spelling and grammar. If you are asked to write one word write just one word and if you write more it will cost you a mark.
At last I wish best for you in your future career and if you had more questions I will be happy to share my experiences with you. Please do not hesitate to call me on skype: abdulsamifazli.
And if you succeed please share with others.
Hi Abdulsame,

Thank you for taking the time to type out your IELTS experience and share these very valuable tips. You stress the importance of creating a game plan before entering the exam room, and I couldn't agree more. Successful IELTS formulas can vary from one candidate to another, so it's important for people to experiment with different testing strategies to find out what approach works best for them. Having a predetermined strategy in place also helps instil confidence and healthy pacing.

Thank you for your offer to share more about your story on the podcast. I also wish you the best for your future endeavours.
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

helena wrote:hey everyone..i tried to do the road to ielts reading practice tests and i scored a 6.5 every time 29 answers correct..iam panicking as i need to get a 7 during the exam..did anyone try them before sitting an exam before?? if so did you score more in them or the actual exam ?? please answer quickly my exam is tomorrow!!!
I couldn't get better than 5.5 when I tried to read or scan the passage first so when I focused on one question only I got a better result as I said. :lol: :D
Abdulsame

Post by Abdulsame »

Ryan wrote: Hi Abdulsame,

Thank you for taking the time to type out your IELTS experience and share these very valuable tips. You stress the importance of creating a game plan before entering the exam room, and I couldn't agree more. Successful IELTS formulas can vary from one candidate to another, so it's important for people to experiment with different testing strategies to find out what approach works best for them. Having a predetermined strategy in place also helps instil confidence and healthy pacing.

Thank you for your offer to share more about your story on the podcast. I also wish you the best for your future endeavours.
Thank you Ryan for your great success story sharing website. I found a way for reading section through your website: ieltsielts.com. As I said in writing section write a them for yourself no one can make a plan for you it is just you but you can find ideas of a good them in different websites.
amilol0z

Post by amilol0z »

Hello, I was surfing the internet to find a solution or a way to increase a one whole band score in a short period of time (2 weeks), I have taken the exam twice and scored 6 in both of them. I am aiming to get 7 overall, the problem that I have limited time to improve my self, I need to bring this score as soon as possible to have my final acceptance letter in dentistry program. My first exam, I scored in Listening 5.5, reading 5, speaking 7, and writing 6.5. and the second one (listing 6.5, reading 5, speaking 7, and writing 6). on the second exam I miscalculated the time in the reading section and I ended up leaving out most of the answers in question sheet( literally I managed to transfer 11 answers only to the answer sheet) I even got surprised for scoring band 5, I expected less. Nevertheless, I hope if any one can advice me what is the proper methods to start studying efficiently without waisting my time, I will be so thank full for the help.
jov

Post by jov »

Me too! No kidding.

In just 1 week, my IELTS band scores improved from L-6.5; R-6.5; W-6; S-7 (in mock exams) to L-9 ; R-8.5; W-7; S-8 in the actual test for!!

Thanks to Miss Anne and co. I <3 ez9

I just want to share this information to my fellow IELTS takers: if you feel that you need one-on-one tutorial, please check out the ez9 page. It is really affordable and they have online tutorial.

http://ez9review.blogspot.com/

God bless!