Thanks Ryan (I scored an 8 overall)

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
venkstar

Thanks Ryan (I scored an 8 overall)

Post by venkstar »

Dear Ryan,

I gave my IELTS - General exam in the 1st week of September 2014. I just got my "indicative scores" from IDP, the final scores will probably take 2 more days. Overall band is 8.

L - 8 R - 9 - W - 7 S - 8

I wanted to thank you for putting out the Youtube videos on tackling the IELTS exam which helped me a lot to prep for this attempt. Also interacting with the other members on your various Forums definitely helped.

Thanks,

Venkatesh, Mumbai, India
Ryan

Re: Thanks Ryan (I scored an 8 overall)

Post by Ryan »

Great work, Venkatesh. Thank you for taking the time to share the story. How many times had you taken the exam before achieving these results?

Can you please post the links to the "various forums" you are referring to? (Thanks!)

Big congratulations on the success!
kulvir singh

Post by kulvir singh »

hey bro plz tell me how you practice on every module,hey ryan please help me,mail me on kulveersingh.garcha@gmail.com if u guys help me then i will be very very thankful of yours
venkstar

Post by venkstar »

Dear Ryan,

This was my first time giving the IELTS. I don't remember all of the Boards but specifically remember one in particular under the Board titled SUCCESS STORIES

"July 19th - Overall band at 8.5 - Thanks to Ryan !!
Postby jinidgenie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 pm "

Interacting with "jinidgenie" helped me hone my preps.

Thanks again !

Venkatesh
venkstar

Post by venkstar »

kulvir singh wrote:hey bro plz tell me how you practice on every module,hey ryan please help me,mail me on kulveersingh.garcha@gmail.com if u guys help me then i will be very very thankful of yours
Kulvir,

All i can say is start off by giving Individual Mock tests and see how ve you scored. If you scored a 6, then you need to practice/prep more. The more you practice the better your test results will be. For Listening and Reading, practice unto 6-8 Mock tests.
For Speaking, you need to start speaking in English with everyone around you. If you can find a colleague or partner or better yet, an English teacher, who can give you instant feedback, you can help improve your gaps right away.
For Writing, start practicing writing according to the scoring methodologies of the IELTS.

Follow Ryans videos on youtube for guidance.

Good Luck

Venkatesh
kulvir singh

Post by kulvir singh »

sir ryan, could you please suggest me cue cards for december 13th,
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

kulvir singh wrote:sir ryan, could you please suggest me cue cards for december 13th,
Hi Kulvir,

Check the "Latest Questions" forum. Exam takers are starting to report their IELTS Speaking experiences from this week.