Achieved my desired scores

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Penny D

Achieved my desired scores

Post by Penny D »

Hi friends,

I have finally achieved band 8.5 in both listening and reading , 7.5 in speaking and 7 in writing, but I believe that this success of mine is largely attributed to Ryan's useful ielts videos on website http://www.ieltsielts.com as well as podcasts.
I followed all the instructions given by Ryan in this website very carefully and as a loyal learner; and I firmly believe that due to these fantastic videos I have raised my score from 5.5 to 7 in Ielts writing.
For speaking , I practiced by myself as despite living in an English speaking country , I had little chance to interact with native speakers that is because I am a full time house wife with 2 years old kid to take care of. Anyways , I knew that I have to find the way to be able to get at least 7 , so I started to speak loud my thoughts rather than just thinking in mind. I started doing mock tests by talking to mirror which I think raised my confidence level as I was able to observe what type of sign language or facial expressions I was using while talking .
For reading, not to mention, I have studied a lot , I did more than 60 practice tests before going to exam. I tried leaning all tips and trick of reading , so that I would get 7 in reading . This was my weakest area , but one day I came across a very useful website Ielts buddy.com which renders very precise tips for ielts reading.
Listening , well you have to absorb your self in English. I stopped watching films or tv series in my own language and started watching english ones . I stared listening to english music . In short , I made english my life.

I hope these tips would help those who have been experiencing difficulties in Ielts exams like me. Good luck
Ryan

Re: Achieved my desired scores

Post by Ryan »

Congratulations, Penny! Those are some incredible marks.

Thank you for sharing your study strategy. Those are indeed some creative preparation tips!

It must feel great having the burden of the exam off your shoulders. Good luck with your future endeavors. :)
Ryan

Re: Achieved my desired scores

Post by Ryan »

Allow me to amplify:

Penny did 60 practice reading tests! Endurance + discipline + planning = success!