I made it!!! Overall Band 8.0 in Academic IELTS!!

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
suzypuff

I made it!!! Overall Band 8.0 in Academic IELTS!!

Post by suzypuff »

I made it!!! Overall band 8.0 in Academic IELTS!!

My first attempt was on 10th May 2014 and my results ain't that pretty. I only got L:7.5, R:7.0, W:6.5, S:6.5 with an Overall:7.0

I need at least 7.5 in each sections. On my first attempt, I didn't do much practice especially on my writing and speaking sections. I was extremely nervous and momentarily paused for a very long time in speaking part 2 because I don't know what to say and my mind went blank(the examiner looked very stern with arms crossed looking straight into my eyes). I definitely felt intimidated by the examiner. Before the exam, I heard advices about having eye contact would increase our marks but I don't think that's true(at least not for me :lol: )Being yourself and feel more relaxed would be more accurate.

I signed up for IELTS on 21st June and vowed not to make the same mistakes I made on my first attempt. This time, thanks to Ryan Higgins, I was able to prepare myself better and continuously do exercises in Listening, Reading and also Writing. On speaking part, I managed to find friends here on skype and it definitely helped a lot in boosting my self confidence. My second attempt result is as follows. L:8.0, R:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.5, Overall:8.0

I was ecstatic when I saw my result. In just three weeks preparation, I managed to jumped to band 8. Moreover, I got 8.5 in my reading which was unexpected because I'm a very careless person so I tend to make mistakes here and there. To put it more simply, if I can do it, so can you. Believe in yourself and all will be well. Never give up!!! I wish you all the best in your IELTS!! 8-)
prabhjot kaur

Re: I made it!!! Overall Band 8.0 in Academic IELTS!!

Post by prabhjot kaur »

congratulation...have wonderful life ahead. :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

suzypuff wrote:I made it!!! Overall band 8.0 in Academic IELTS!!

My first attempt was on 10th May 2014 and my results ain't that pretty. I only got L:7.5, R:7.0, W:6.5, S:6.5 with an Overall:7.0

I need at least 7.5 in each sections. On my first attempt, I didn't do much practice especially on my writing and speaking sections. I was extremely nervous and momentarily paused for a very long time in speaking part 2 because I don't know what to say and my mind went blank(the examiner looked very stern with arms crossed looking straight into my eyes). I definitely felt intimidated by the examiner. Before the exam, I heard advices about having eye contact would increase our marks but I don't think that's true(at least not for me :lol: )Being yourself and feel more relaxed would be more accurate.

I signed up for IELTS on 21st June and vowed not to make the same mistakes I made on my first attempt. This time, thanks to Ryan Higgins, I was able to prepare myself better and continuously do exercises in Listening, Reading and also Writing. On speaking part, I managed to find friends here on skype and it definitely helped a lot in boosting my self confidence. My second attempt result is as follows. L:8.0, R:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.5, Overall:8.0

I was ecstatic when I saw my result. In just three weeks preparation, I managed to jumped to band 8. Moreover, I got 8.5 in my reading which was unexpected because I'm a very careless person so I tend to make mistakes here and there. To put it more simply, if I can do it, so can you. Believe in yourself and all will be well. Never give up!!! I wish you all the best in your IELTS!! 8-)
I'm so happy for your, Suzy. Thank you for sharing your amazing story. It must feel so good to have your IELTS forever behind you. :) What's the next step for you now?

All the best,
Ryan
suzypuff

Post by suzypuff »

Ryan wrote:
suzypuff wrote:I made it!!! Overall band 8.0 in Academic IELTS!!

I'm so happy for your, Suzy. Thank you for sharing your amazing story. It must feel so good to have your IELTS forever behind you. :) What's the next step for you now?

All the best,
Ryan
Thank you very much Ryan! Yup, it surely does. A huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders and it's such an awesome feeling. My next step would be to apply for a visa for my masters education in UK. :) Yay! :lol:
sara736

Post by sara736 »

All of your tips are very helpful, Damien. I just wanted to highlight this last one and point out how central it appears to be to candidates attaining extremely high bands (of the 8.5/9 variety). You're absolutely right: doing what you can to make your countless hours of IELTS prep enjoyable can go a long way in ensuring you get the most out of your study time.
sara
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Congratulations.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"