Job Done, IELTS Results as per requirements :)

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
pumbaa_g

Job Done, IELTS Results as per requirements :)

Post by pumbaa_g »

Hi All,
I wanted to write in today to let everyone know that we crossed a major milestone in our journey to immigrate to Canada today. I can't say that it was effortless as we did put in some elbow grease in the months leading up to the exam and I personally believe that the results are satisfactory.
My score (I am the primary applicant)
Overall Band 8.5
Listening 9.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 8.0
Speaking 8.0
My wife's score
Overall Band 7.5
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0
We are expecting our first child in august which makes my wife's score seem phenomenal in every way. So many times during our journey we had doubts regarding how she will manage to sit in the exam without a break but this was important to us and in the end she came through with flying colors. She was not able to concentrate in the Reading as it was difficult for her to sit for a long time and the examiner refused to give her a break but she still managed an overall 7.5 which is great!
Thanks to everyone who posted the exam questions that helped us prepare for the exam.
Best of luck!
Ryan

Re: Job Done, IELTS Results as per requirements :)

Post by Ryan »

So much good news in this post I don't know where to start! Firstly, big congratulations on the baby! If he/she arrives August 28, then we'll share a birthday. ;)

Those are some tremendous IELTS results! You guys must be thrilled. I'm so happy to hear your aspirations to come to Canada are one step closer.

On the topic of becoming Canadian, I've been wanting to pull together a detailed series of articles outlining the exact steps, hurdles, hoops (etc) a person would have to go through to gain Canadian citizenship (as you know, a very long and often draining test of determination). Please get in contact if you wouldn't mind having a brief chat with me regarding your experience with the Canadian immigration process. Sometimes personal experience can differ slightly from the official protocol outlined on government websites, which would be something useful to highlight if this has been true for you. (If you are not interested, no problem.)

Good luck with the next stage of your journey!
pumbaa_g

Re: Job Done, IELTS Results as per requirements :)

Post by pumbaa_g »

Thanks Ryan for your kind words. The due date is sometime close to July last week :) I will be more then happy to share my experience of the process with you. We are still waiting for the WES results but I am hoping to put in my application in mid July (fingers crossed)