Writing Reval result successful :)

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
Guru

Writing Reval result successful :)

Post by Guru »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my Writing module revaluation success story -

I sat for BC IELTS on 15-Mar-14 and got L/R/S - 8.5 and W - 7. (First Attempt)

I applied for reval in Writing module and got a result of 8.5 in Writing today and an overall score of 8.5 bands.

Going by my personal experience, IELTS reval works as opposed to many negative stories that I've read on the Internet. Yes of course it depends on how confident you are in your writing skills and your luck.

Good luck to all of you!

cheers,
Guru
Somnil

Re: Writing Reval result successful :)

Post by Somnil »

That's great news Guru. Even I have given my writing for revaluation. Last time got L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6, S-8. Hope I also get lucky like you. Results awaited in second week of July 2014. ;)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Guru wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my Writing module revaluation success story -

I sat for BC IELTS on 15-Mar-14 and got L/R/S - 8.5 and W - 7. (First Attempt)

I applied for reval in Writing module and got a result of 8.5 in Writing today and an overall score of 8.5 bands.

Going by my personal experience, IELTS reval works as opposed to many negative stories that I've read on the Internet. Yes of course it depends on how confident you are in your writing skills and your luck.

Good luck to all of you!

cheers,
Guru
Terrific news. Congratulations! :D
Guru

Post by Guru »

Somnil wrote:That's great news Guru. Even I have given my writing for revaluation. Last time got L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6, S-8. Hope I also get lucky like you. Results awaited in second week of July 2014. ;)
Best of luck Somnil! I hope you hear the good news soon :)
Guru

Post by Guru »

Ryan wrote:
Terrific news. Congratulations! :D
Thanks Ryan!

I must acknowledge that I started my preparation studying your online video tutorials which imparted various test taking strategies for all the 4 modules especially Writing and Speaking. I owe my high score to both you and Simon. Thank you!

thanks,
Guru
Somnil

Post by Somnil »

Hi Guru
My revaluation results are out. My writing score did increase but by only 0.5, so now it's at 6.5. Lucky that I got my cheque back, but bad news I didn't get 7. Need to try again.
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

What are pament terms and conditions for one or all modules?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
ndhal

waiting for revaluation

Post by ndhal »

Hi Team,

I have to score 7 in each section

My earlier 3 test scores from British council are:

L R W S
Test 1-Dec,2013 7.5 6.5 6.5 7
Test 2-Feb,2014 7.5 7 7 6.5
Test 3-Sept,2014 7.5 7.5 6.5 7

I have filled for EOR for writing for Test 3.Are there any chances of improvement.
Kindly guide me.
Also I have filled for new test from IDP(no dates available with BC) for Nov,2014.Being working mother I hardly get time to study and worried and frustrated about my result.Kindly guide me as exam is approaching near(22nd Nov,2014).

Everyone guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks
ND

Thanks
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: waiting for revaluation

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

ndhal wrote:Hi Team,

I have to score 7 in each section

L R W S

I have filled for EOR for writing for Test 3.Are there any chances of improvement.
Kindly guide me.
Also I have filled for new test from IDP(no dates available with BC) for Nov,2014.Being working mother I hardly get time to study and worried and frustrated about my result.Kindly guide me as exam is approaching near(22nd Nov,2014).

Everyone guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks
ND

Thanks
Here is an article about handwriting I recently wrote on my free site: http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... andwriting.

IELTS Handwriting

One thing from my experience that many IELTS students do not prepare for is the handwriting aspect of the IELTS. Needless to say, if the examiner cannot clearly read what is written, then it is perhaps expecting a bit much to always hope that they will get that an "a" is actually a "c" and an "h" is in fact a "b" etc..

Therefore, try to use the following approach: every letter should clearly have only one option. In addition, if you are deleting a letter/word etc., then make a clear line through it and write above it - do not overwrite the letter to change it, as it might not be clear enough for the examiner what is the letter.

In terms of practice, even if you writing is reasonably clear for all letters, then still practise writing regularly by hand, to make sure that you are fresh for the exam in terms of writing speed and clarity.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Guru wrote:I sat for BC IELTS on 15-Mar-14 and got L/R/S - 8.5 and W - 7. (First Attempt)

That is really a huge increase: 1.5+ for the writing.

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
ndhal

Re: Writing Reval result

Post by ndhal »

Hi Team,

Please reply are there chances for increase in writing marks after reval.

Thanks
ND
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Writing Reval result

ndhal wrote:Hi Team,

Please reply are there chances for increase in writing marks after reval.

Thanks
ND
I don't have so much experience for that, however it seems sometimes possible:

ndhal

Post by ndhal »

Keeping my fingers crossed...My mind getting distracted with reval,exam again...and being working mother...dont understand when to study,what to study...this time I was 110% sure for my writing Task 1 and task2.

L R W S
filled for reval for writing where I am 110% sure.....I was worried about listening....only 1 week left for another attempt and waiting for reval also...dont know what are weaker areas....completely confused.....Can anyone please guide me
ndhal

Post by ndhal »

what was ur earlier score.Is that 7 and ur score increased to 1.5.
What about other sections.
How you have prepared for all the modules and esp. writing.This time I am giving through IDP.and practicing their book and able to score 34/35 in reading.
My exam on 22Nov,2014
OnlineEnglishTeacher

ndhal wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed...My mind getting distracted with reval,exam again...and being working mother...dont understand when to study,what to study...this time I was 110% sure for my writing Task 1 and task2.

L R W S
filled for reval for writing where I am 110% sure.....I was worried about listening....only 1 week left for another attempt and waiting for reval also...dont know what are weaker areas....completely confused.....Can anyone please guide me
How is your handwriting?

http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... andwriting

Also, how about your grammar and spelling?

ndhal

Post by ndhal »

I have very good hand writing.Being working ,I have to write emails everyday so very conscious about spelling mistakes.Apart from that,used vocabs,examples and created 4 paragraphs in task 2.Also do rechecking as I have 10 mins left .God knows what IELTS wants
OnlineEnglishTeacher

ndhal wrote:I have very good hand writing.Being working ,I have to write emails everyday so very conscious about spelling mistakes.Apart from that,used vocabs,examples and created 4 paragraphs in task 2.Also do rechecking as I have 10 mins left
How is your grammar?

ndhal

Post by ndhal »

That is also OK.I cant rate it.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

ndhal wrote:That is also OK.I cant rate it.
Perhaps you are failing because of your grammar? "OK" = 6-6.5 etc. is maybe different to "good" = 7(+) etc.?

ndhal

Post by ndhal »

Are there any chance to get score increased in reval.
I have one week left for my another exam.How will I prepare myself.Please guide me.This time I dont want to get less than 7.
Thanks for your guidance and support.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

ndhal wrote:Are there any chance to get score increased in reval.
I have one week left for my another exam.How will I prepare myself.Please guide me.This time I dont want to get less than 7.
Thanks for your guidance and support.
Maybe you need need your grammar checked, if you are not sure if it is correct or not - there is a free service for audio/writing correction on this site, although am not sure if it is done at a native level (although perhaps sometimes/often is) - also a private native-level, experienced tutor is another option.

ndhal

Post by ndhal »

Can anybody please let me know are there any chances in score change after revaluation for writing.Apart ,from that my exam on 22nd Nov,2014..shall I just go through the Ryan's video tutorial in you tube or do I have to practice task 1and task 2 after writing.
Yatin beetan

Post by Yatin beetan »

I got my results through idp last week.
S-6.5
L-8.5
W-5.5
R-7
I applied for revalaution on 24th july. Expecting an increase of 0.5 but confused though i wrote 230 words in task 2 rather than 250.