Got 8 in IELTS and what I did to get there!

Did you achieve the mark you need? Motivate others by sharing your story.
EnglishLover

Got 8 in IELTS and what I did to get there!

Post by EnglishLover »

I Scored overall band 8 in the exam held on 05/03/2016 at New South Wales University, Sydney with
8.5 in Listening
8 in Reading
7 in Writing and
8 in Speaking.

I did the exam quite a few times and here I am!
I listen (when I say "listen" i meant I did listen and will continue to listen) to the podcasts always so thank you for doing that Ryan! I am here to share my results so somebody might get encouraged. Following are the blogs I followed every single day for the past couple of months along with the Cambridge practise books 5-9 and Ryan's youtube videos.

1) http://ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/ - This is the best source I found so far for every part of the test but for me writing was the struggle and without this blog I would not have achieved 7.

2) http://ielts-yasi.englishlab.net/ - I improved from 7.5 to 8 within like a week or so because I bought the topic list from the blog writer, Chris and that's what exactly came to the speaking test (On his blog he explains how to buy and it is only $20. He sends you updates every now and then as IELTS speaking topics change every four months or so. So sad! He will not be providing this service after sometime in October this year because of the very little income he makes from providing the service does not compensate the effort he makes to do it).

I am so addicted to these and I still follow them everyday because learning does not end here. :) If anybody needs help I would be happy to do so.
Enjoy!
All the best to everyone!
-Nad
" It is during our darkest days we must focus to see the light" - Buddha
Ryan

Re: Got 8 in IELTS and what I did to get there!

Post by Ryan »

Thank you for sharing, EL! Great news about your band 8. I'm very happy to hear you recommend Chris Green's work, as I'm also a big fan of his website and resources. Good luck with your future endeavours and thank you for offering to help others. :)