I need to get 8.5 Academic

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
aboabed

I need to get 8.5 Academic

Post by aboabed »

Hello everyone,

I did my ielts on 3/9/2015 and I've got 7.5. I'm aiming for 8.5 but writing is my weakness. I'm looking for partners who are active and serious in sharing and correcting our essays as a group.

Leave your number and I'll add you to a whatsapp group.
neo1234

Re: I need to get 8.5 Academic

Post by neo1234 »

hi,
I am also looking for a high score in academic writing. please add me to the group +918943475875
apewoqej

Post by apewoqej »

Academic writing is very important, it needs some creative ideas. I am a professional writer and if you have any writing related queries go through with admission essay writing service, you can get complete solution.
Teacher

Post by Teacher »

Dear Students
The only way to get a high score in IELTS (Writing) is to practise writing IELTS-type essays.
For Task 1
- Make sure you know the kind of graphics you need to understand (maps, plans, charts etc)
- Learn how to pick out the significant information
- Check if there are any correlations/relationships between multiple charts or columns in tables
- Practice paraphrasing details in the question legend or key to make an introduction.
- Learn how to take an overview of the charts etc to make a conclusion.
- Learn the key language (lexis and grammar) for Task 1
- Practise writing reports in 10-15 minutes
For examples: http://www.ieltsexchange.com/
If you need band score 8 or 8.5, you need to get 9 on Task 1.
For Task 2
- Make sure you know all the essay types so you can analyse what the examiner wants very quicky : one of the most common mistakes very good candidates make is not answering the question.
- Learn to brainstorm and plan in 5-10 minutes
- Practise outlining essays EVERY DAY and writing the introductions and conclusions
- Practise writing (by hand unless your centre runs the CB test) whole essays in 20-30 minutes.
- Read model essays on the topics which are frequently repeated and become familiar with any 'less common' vocabulary.
For examples: http://www.ieltsexchange.com/

GOOD LUCK in your studies.
Teacher Jill