Need advice on writing module

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
mechexpert

Need advice on writing module

Post by mechexpert »

Hello everyone,

My name is Harkirat and i am from Punjab, INDIA. I am finding it very difficult to achieve the target score of 7 each in IELTS general exam. I have taken the IELTS twice now and both the times i landed on same scores in writing. I need my IELTS for immigration purposes to Australia.

My first attempt was on 29/01/2015 with IDP ielts and i scored :
Listening : 7.5
Reading : 8.5
Writing : 6.5
Speaking : 7.0
Overall : 7.5
I wrote about 380 words in task 2 of writing. May be this was the reason for band deduction.

Second attempt was on 30/04/2015 with British Council and these are the band scores :
Listening : 8.5
Reading : 9.0
Writing : 6.5 <- :evil: :x :oops:
Speaking : 8.0
Overall : 8.0
Before appearing for second try, i prepared using Ryan's writing course on youtube. Tried to implement each and every strategy but still failed to improve scores.

Guys please guide me to how can i improve the scores. I am planning to opt for the next available date of 11 july 2015 , so i have about 2 months to prepare this time.
mechexpert

Re: Need advice on writing module

Post by mechexpert »

Hello world,

I just wanted to post an update for anyone reading this and sailing the same boat.
I went with the revaluation of my British Council IELTS exams and it went through.
My writing scored bumbed to 7 this time, so i fulfil the 7 each requirement.
I will soon make my final attempt to score 8 each ( preferred although not mandatory)

So if you are 100% confident you did well in writing, i highly suggest you to go for revaluation. If scores improve, you will get your money back.

Good luck !!
and huge thanks to Ryan for his efforts !!